Stop feeling hungry?

Options
Im on day 1 back on my lifestyle change.. its 0327 and I am starving. I have ate my kcals for today... how do I stop the hunger

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Drink water from the largest glass you have, and wait about 15 minutes. Then, if you're still hungry get a small snack or eat some left overs.
  • lindacollins78
    lindacollins78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eat more. 1200 cals is not enough. It's too much too soon. Try a half pound to a pound a week and then work your way down if you still want to do 2 pounds a week.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You're a guy - you should be eating a lot more than 1200 cals a day. And a lot more protein!
  • bhannana
    bhannana Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I fully agree on the "eat more" sentiment. Fruits and especially vegetables are your friend. You could eat a whole plate of steamed vegetables and only be 150 calories "over" but it's all good for you. It's more about what types of calories you are putting in your body than how many.

If you're really trying not to eat more tonight, I suggest more hot tea. It's filling and has "flavor" Sometimes I do hot broth if I want something more savory, although broth does have calories to it unlike tea.
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I keep apples at my desk at work. Little Gala's. When I get hungry, it's only 50 kcal per apple. I get my water with it. Usually does the trick. Small bowl of oatmeal does wonders too with a little honey. Only 100 kcal that way.

Whatever you do, don't starve yourself! Not good.
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    Drink water from the largest glass you have, and wait about 15 minutes. Then, if you're still hungry get a small snack or eat some left overs.

Oh yeah! I completely forgot that hunger is apparently your bodies way of saying you're thirsty!

Or . . . you're hungry. You need to eat more dude.
  • lindacollins78
    lindacollins78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Or . . . you're hungry. You need to eat more dude.

yep!
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You don't stop it. It will lessen with time if you show some self control.
  • HUX3775
    HUX3775 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try one of these fiber ideas like:
    Add Ground Chia seed to your morning oatmeal - fills you up, adds about 60+ Kcal.
    Maybe try the plant fiber Konjac root (glucomannan) mixed in a blender with water, plain non fat greek yogurt, ice, cinnamon & stevia - about 100 Kcal.
    Or a mix a low calorie drink like FUZE with the PGX Satisfast protein shake mix - about 65 Kcal.
    There is a really good bran crisp cracker you can buy through amazon.com "brancrisp bread" only 12 Kcal per cracker with about 5 gms. of fiber - very filling and you can crumble in veggie soup or broth to give a filling effect.
    La Tortilla Factory makes an 80 Kcal wrap with 8 gms. of fiber. Wrap your salad veggies toped with mustard in one of these - maybe 120 Kcal total
    And I think someone mentioned steamed veggies. A HUGE plate of steamed broccoli with butter spray and garlic makes a great filler with your dinner - adds about 100 Kcal.
    SIDE NOTE: Add fiber to your daily intake slowly to avoid too much bloat/gas :D
    Enjoy!