Time to get a HRM and a digital scale

Options
I am in the market for both of these great items but when I get to the store there are a lot of options. I don't mind spending the money on an item that is worth it. Do any of you have a favorite brand? What should I look for in either the heart rate monitor or the digital scale?

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 HRM and I love it!

Scale - I have a $30 one from Target, not sure what the brand is but it looks nice (glass on a metal base) and seems to work well :)
  • rhapsodygirl
    Options
    I have a PolarFT7 and love it, my food scale is made by Taylor (Biggest Loser Scale) cost me about $30 at Walmart.
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 HRM and I love it!

Scale - I have a $30 one from Target, not sure what the brand is but it looks nice (glass on a metal base) and seems to work well :)

Seconded on the FT4. It does what it needs to do (I don't need GPS or mileage or anything) and I've found it accurate for weight maintenance and weight loss, even without all the bells and whistles (fitness tests) that come with the more expensive ones. I have the bronze one and love it, it's subtle enough for me to wear as a watch-watch, not just a HRM.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I kinda went cheapskate and bought a Timex Personal Trainer HRM.
    It's a budget option but hey! It works for me! It also synchs with the machines - big bonus for me.
  • k_sinc
    k_sinc Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, and Fitbit Aria Scales.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a pink Bowflex, it was $20 on craigslist. It's nice to at least be able to check my HR but sadly it don't keep real time HR and no calorie info. I would get one that has both of those if you can afford it.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I have a HRM pulse watch bought it off ebay for $12 australian and I got my digital scales off ebay as well they cost me I think $4 came from china they are portable digital scales