Newbie with a question

Options
Hello all,

I just signed up today and am learning my way around. I haven't located a way to look up calories in advance, so you can plan your meal. I've just found the ones that you add directly to your meal or snack, any hints?

Thank you

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When you look up foods on MFP it gives you and option to add it or not to your Diary. Message me if I can help further!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I just signed up today and am learning my way around. I haven't located a way to look up calories in advance, so you can plan your meal. I've just found the ones that you add directly to your meal or snack, any hints?

Thank you
    Send terri9123 a friend request. She's a good egg and will look out for you. ;-)
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    if i am understanding correctly you are in the right area where you add to your meal. you can always delete things later. so for instance say you want to look up quaker instant grits (butter) then you would click add. breakfast. search for food. type in quaker instant grits butter. then you would click on the one you want to look at. Butter Flavor Quaker Instant Grits, 1 packet (28g), 100 calories. then if thats the one you want you click save. this is from the app instructions. if you need the web one then you click food. add food to breakfast and searh there the same way. feel free to check out all parts of the app or website.. then you will learn things. it takes some time but its really easy! there is a help section at the very top of the website and if you are on the app you can click More and it has tutorial videos :) i hope i helped. if not send me a message or comment on my page and i will try to help more. good luck on your journey.
  • myfbil
    myfbil Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also new here. I appreciate all the help from others. Eventually I'm sure it will be a snap to find my way around. Thanks for the hints/tips.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It remembers all foods you have used.. As the weeks pass o. you will have more recent, often foods used.
    You can also copy meals from past dates and put in today, yesterday, choose a date.
    Hope u enjoy.
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you look awesome how long did it take you to lose 130lbs and did u do it with mfp or another program
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    After you click "Food" on your top menu, click "Database" on the menu below. It will allow you to use the food database to look things up without having to add anything to your diary.