Sarah (looking for friends)

Options
Hey everyone,
I am looking for some friends to help motivate me through my weight loss journey.
It would be awesome to have some help from people who have recovered from any eating disorders as I currently have binge eating and bulimia (I have had this issue for 9 years now)
But I will accept any friendships from those who are supportive.

Thanks guys.:ohwell:

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    This really isn't the place for you.
  • Bubblywendy
    Bubblywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thats not a nice thing to say,if someone is looking for support you should always lend a hand rather that turn your back at them.

Hun ill be a supportive buddy :smile:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    thats not a nice thing to say,if someone is looking for support you should always lend a hand rather that turn your back at them.

So, you want me to lie ?
  • calpeachmfp
    calpeachmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sarah,
    I have never done the binge and purge thing, but I have been a compulsive overeater. You may certainly friend me if you'd like though.
    Are you getting professional help? I know what you are facing is not easy . . . but, you can overcome it.
    Take care,
    Lynne
  • himenaya
    himenaya Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a supportive friend for you through your journey of weight loss and recovery. :)
  • lespez
    lespez Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I know how important it is to have somewhere you can go to 'connect' with people. Please feel free to friend me. Life is very tough at times and just having people you can sound off to who you don;t see face to face is a great help. Good luck here and try and keep positive. :bigsmile:
  • This really isn't the place for you.

You are entitled to that opinion. Though I am going to try this. I have no control with the way I eat, I see food as a cure to negative emotions. I am using myfitnesspal firstly as a way of changing the way I view food. I want to see food as nutrients and energy....and occasionally a treat. I am also using it to lose weight, which I do need to as I am overweight due to Binge Eating.
    For years I have tried things like counselling etc.. Family support but that has done so much more bad than good.

Anyway good luck with your goals. : )
  • This really isn't the place for you.

Thank you : )
  • I would love to be a supportive friend for you through your journey of weight loss and recovery. :)

Thank you, heaps : )
This discussion has been closed.