Weight Loss Success

Options
I have battled with my weight all of my life. From child hood into adult hood, I endured the mental and emotional torment that came with being overweight. Throughout child hood I was always the biggest person in my classes which forced teachers to supply me with an alternative desk because I was too big to fit into the school supplied desk. In my younger years, I was not an active child nor did I not participate in any events or activities at school. I was quite lazy. Coming into an adult, my weight increased and I became negative on my image. Finally at the age of 28 and weighing in at 510lbs, I felt it was time to make a difference. I witnessed many family members battle diabetes and kidney failure which was brought on by being overweight. June 2011, I embarked on a journey of healthy, clean eating and exercise with my personal trainer, Brian Harris (Fit 4 Life Athletics) to make me a healthier me. We started off very slow because due to my size, I was limited at what I could do. We started of walking everyday but as months went by, walking eventually went to jogging. As the weight started coming off, I was able to add more exercises such as sprinting, jumping jacks and sit ups, all which previously I was unable to do. I could barely walk up the stairs without being out of breath but now I'm able to run and still have plenty of energy. With my loss in weight and increase in exercise, my stamina and energy has greatly increased. I love going to gym.

I was determined to lose my weight by exercise and diet only. With all I was hearing and seeing in regards to weight loss surgery, I was determined not to let that be an option for me. I worked hard every day with my workouts and diet and began producing results. I still have a ways to go but I'm happy to be where I am today. Through Jesus Christ, I made it through this journey thus far. Today, just two years on this journey to become healthy, I have lost 160 pounds. Although I am not at the weight that I would like to be at, I look back and know that I will never go back to where I was.

Since June 2011, I have lost 160lbs. My waist went from a 66 to a 48. My chest went from a 70 to a 52. My neck size went from a 24 to 19. My shirt size went from 7x/8x to 3x/4x.

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Wow man; that is AMAZING! WELL DONE!!! So so proud of you!
  • doclu
    doclu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • lolsauce
    lolsauce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for taking the right steps towards a healthy lifestyle! Keep up the good work :)
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. keep it up.
  • mrmarqus12
    mrmarqus12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much :smile:
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    That is a really good story, and that is such a awesome accomplishment to be able to say that you were able to lose so much weight when you needed to before it gave you a lot of problems. I think this thread could be a good motivator for people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!