Has anyone had a reduction in stretch mark visibility?

Options
I have 80lbs. to go and I am worried about my stretch marks on my stomach. They are red looking and cover up a large portion of the lower half of my stomach. I want to be able to wear a bikini and it upsets me to think that I won't be able to after I lose it. How do people deal with this?

Replies

• KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I too, had red angry looking stretch marks covering the bottom half of my belly, and under arms. :embarassed: They have all gone now except for one that is much lower, so low that no one besides my husband will ever see it. I think the more weight you lose and the more you tone, the better looking they get. Also, who cares anyway? I have white/older stretch marks on my thighs from puberty and I GUARANTEE you that once I feel hot in a bikini, I WILL rock that sucker. Whether anyone looks at my stretch marks or not. :wink:

You can do this!:drinker:
  • kickstartpro
    kickstartpro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    really? have they disappeared or faded? i would really like mine to disappear but im not sure if they can. congrats on the weight loss..i just began my journey. so far i have lost 12 pounds.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    They will turn white/gray and eventually fade (currently waiting for the ones on my belly from my second pregnancy to fade! They did from the first). Only way to totally get rid of them is laser surgery.
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I too, had red angry looking stretch marks covering the bottom half of my belly, and under arms. :embarassed: They have all gone now except for one that is much lower, so low that no one besides my husband will ever see it. I think the more weight you lose and the more you tone, the better looking they get. Also, who cares anyway? I have white/older stretch marks on my thighs from puberty and I GUARANTEE you that once I feel hot in a bikini, I WILL rock that sucker. Whether anyone looks at my stretch marks or not. :wink:

You can do this!:drinker:

I'm in agreement here. When you reach your goal weight, you won't care about those stretch marks (hopefully). Instead, you'll be proud of showing off your hard work! I used to wear the hiphugger cut for bathing suit bottoms. I finally changed to a brazilian cut to show off more of my butt (and to get better tan lines), stretch marks and all. I definitely am still self-conscious of them, but I know that it's not the first thing that people are going to notice when they see me in my bathing suit! :glasses:
  • Jasano1234
    Options
    Don't want to scare you but stretch marks never go away. They will fade after time if you apply anything with a vitamin e source on the appearing stretch marks. It will take a long process averaging 2-6 months but they will fade over time. (Not permanently disappear though.)
    PS: I have them and it just shows that I won't be gaining back the excess baggage.
  • tonguetied69
    Options
    Gave birth almost 21 years ago, mine are still there on my stomach and hips!! Every last one!! I wear a 1zy, LOL. Got bold just the other day, bought a 2 piece and a cover up for my upcoming trip!! Lol, I really shouldn't care what people think, but I dislike them myself.
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    really? have they disappeared or faded? i would really like mine to disappear but im not sure if they can. congrats on the weight loss..i just began my journey. so far i have lost 12 pounds.

stretch marks are scars... they wont disappear, but they will fade. mine have fade A LOT.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've had laser treatments for acne scarring, and the results were great and long-lasting. I would recommend that to get rid of, or at least fade, stretch marks. If you go that route, go to a dermatologist, not a spa clinic or something.
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would like mine to fade but I wouldn't want for them to go away. I don't like them being so red, with my skin being so thin there, that's what I'd like for. I do have a genuine pride for my stretchmarks though, perhaps because I have somehow managed to defy odds and have a baby (who is now 6 years old, but still a baby!) and I'm proud that I sacrificed my vanity to give my boy life. I just wish that 6 years on they didn't look so fresh still! lol!!! It's the "mother's apron" that I hate the most!!!
  • JustSammi
    Options
    They don't go away completely but they still fade a lot and as you lose weight and your skin shrinks back they appear much smaller. I can hardly see some of mine at all!