NIGHT SHIFT ROLL CALL!!!

Options
BonnieandClyde29
BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
Nope not Addis that you are probably used to, BUT i have 3 more hours to go and need some entertainment!!!

Whats everyone up too at this hour?

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    At work.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 hours till I'm out of here. I'm so over this week already. What was I thinking signing up for 3 extra shifts in one week? Ugh!
  • ltgarrow
    Options
    At least you get the option of signing up for extra shifts (presumably). We get told, usually right at the end of shift that we're doing a double.

Overtime sucks in general though, whether you volunteer or get ordered.
  • jennpaulson
    Options
    Because we're a 24 hour operation center we can be told that we're needed to stay for another shift but luckily that doesn't happen too often. except during really bad weather events.

I just forgot I had already signed up for the second day when I signed up for the 1st and last.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    aw man 24 hour shifts?! do you have to be awake the whole time? stupid question I know I only have 1 friend that I have that does 24 hour shifts and that's because he is a firefighter....what about you guys?

I'm a night auditor at a resort -_- , I haven't had 1 guest or even a phone call since 1030pm gahhh
  • ltgarrow
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrongm but I think she means her place of work is open 24 hours a day. This means if someone calls out sick, they have to cover it with someone from the previous shift. We're the same way. Good money, but the overtime can get to you.
  • ltgarrow
    Options
    I think some fire departments DO work 24 hour shifts, but can sleep when not on a call.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    ah haha,

sorry don't mind me I'm really tired
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    im here for another 3.5 hours. and i took tomorrow night off so its my friday!!!!!!!!!! i only work 4 days a week and get my 40 in in that time. i love working 4 days.
  • jennpaulson
    Options
    I wish we still worked 4 ten hour days here, but it made it even harder to cover shifts when people called out so they went back to eight hour shifts.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I love the 3 days off, but idk if I could work 10 hours of doing nothing!!! lol I get a headache every night from staring at this computer for so long so I have to take mini walks around my front office lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I love the 3 days off, but idk if I could work 10 hours of doing nothing!!! lol I get a headache every night from staring at this computer for so long so I have to take mini walks around my front office lol
    I work at a computer desk type job and luckily I have the luxury to take 10-15 mins mini walks outside when it's slow. I have 6 more hrs to go!!!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    trying not to fall asleep... 1 hour left, soooo tired!!! :ohwell:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I wish I could walk around lol I'm completely by myself all night with my awesome MFPs

:drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i can get up and walk around. i sit in my office waiting for truck driver's to show up so i can get their paperwork ready. i sometimes wantder for over 30 minutes. depends how busy/dead i am .
    i do spend a lot of time on MFP at night.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    MFP!!! My hero!!! lol
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Currently it is 7.40pm at my location and I'm wedging out outside with my dog.
    So chilled. :smokin:
    ...I don't actually smoke.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    lol where is your location? Somewhere not in the US i'm guessing? :smokin: and yes I am on a smoke break, but smokers aren't cool anymore lol
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    lol where is your location? Somewhere not in the US i'm guessing? :smokin: and yes I am on a smoke break, but smokers aren't cool anymore lol

Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
    Yep, I'm an Aussie!
    Hbu, where is your place called home?
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Its 10:52am here in the UK! Good Morning!! :smile: