Replies

• manda2980
    manda2980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    holy cow! You look amazing. Way to go
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nice!! You are beautiful & look great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • kristi72436
    Options
    how did you do it? how long did it take you?
  • steffihoney
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!! You have done a fantastic job and such an inspiration!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    how did you do it? how long did it take you?

I did it the old fashioned, time-proven way: Increased my activity level and cut down the calories. Initially, I worked out 3-4 days per week for about an hour and was fairly sedentary otherwise (desk job). Now, I work out 5-6 days per week for 30-60 minutes (higher intensity), and I eat 2500-3000 calories per day (and burn more than that in a day so I still run a small deficit - I'm trying to build muscle right now though and break a plateau). My original calorie deficit was 1200-1500 calories (with maybe an 1800 calorie day in there somewhere). I never ate back my exercise calories (that was a foreign concept to me before MFP and I only started using MFP last year).

I've maintained for 3 years, but I notice a huge difference in my physique when I work out this much, and in my strength and stamina, and my overall energy level. I don't think I even had this much energy when I was a kid! (Mind you, a morbidly obese kid) Lol.

I have come a long way from my original "DIET". Originally, I just ate less of everything and less frequently. As I read books and surfed the web and learned, I got way more into it and started improving my diet drastically, and my fitness routines, etc.. It really is a lifestyle, and one that I love. It's harder than being lazier, but I appreciate what I do to have this body rather than the one I had before, and I am much much happier. That "lifestyle" has constantly evolved too, as I try to mold my body into what I want. I love accomplishing my goals, and that in itself is addictive, so make sure you set a lot of little goals along the way rather than one big one!

I lost the weight twice, 80-something pounds the first time, gained back 65 and then lost that again too. Both times took less than 6 months. It definitely gets harder when you get smaller, I'll say that, but you're more determined by then so that doesn't bother you much, lol.

Consistency
    Commitment
    Courage

"Just DO IT"
  • ilovemyson2010
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • cloh72
    cloh72 Posts: 38
    Options
    what an awesome transformation...WTG
  • victoriab123
    victoriab123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great pictures ~ You look like a completely different person !

Great job!!
  • In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, so beautiful! The blonde pic looks like a professional modeling pic. Congratulations on your success! Amazing! :)
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Good Job! You look great!
  • marnaER
    marnaER Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow you rock. I am now motivated after seeing your success
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! So confident! Congrats on figuring this out so early in your life. The best is yet to come!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!! No wonder people don't recognize you - I bet you inspire every single one of them :flowerforyou:
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!!
  • MuslimahMama
    MuslimahMama Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great pics, tips & attitude to diet / exercise.
    You would make a very inspirational personal trainer / nutrionist :)
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! :) Not that you weren't before :flowerforyou:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FERGILICIOUS! seriously though. great job, lady! xo.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You went from cute to HOT. I mean that in the nicest way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!