Can i eat the same meals every day

Options
I am currently on my 11th day of Insanity and have so far lost around 10lbs since satrting my weight loss at the begining of August

My current diet is

a high fibre breakfast
slices of cumber between breakfast and dinner
a salad with either chicken or fish for dinner
another snack usually fruit
and for tea egg so usually omlette

Is it ok to repeat this diet week in week out or should i change it each week.

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like, if youre happy eating the same things all the time go for it.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    well there's no law against it, and if you're not bored with it then that's fine (I usually eat the same meals daily). but are you eating enough? you don't put the calorie /portion amounts but that doesn't sound like a very filling menu
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I often eat exactly the same thing day in day out for several weeks at a time, it's easier and cheaper. If it's within your calorie range, then sure, why not eat the same things. My only advice is that boredom definitely becomes a factor, even when you love something. I've had couscous, butternut squash and a piece of meat for almost every dinner for 2 or three weeks now, I'm getting a little bored of it, so I'll be changing up to something else soon :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    my brother does this - lives on chicken, brown rice and veg. it would drive me crazy but if it works for you and you're hitting your macros, why not? maybe take a multivit and fish oil suppliment :)
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat the same meals everyday, every few weeks I may switch it up a little bit and add in something new. But 90% of the time I eat the same foods simply because I love them and enjoy them :happy:
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't know the quantities of what you're eating, but just from looking at the range of food there, you're probably not eating enough, especially if you are doing Insanity. Try adding in a complex carbohydrate (ie wholegrain bread) at lunch and dinner. Ideally you should be getting 1 complex carb, 1 source of protein and a healthy source of fat with each meal. So alongside an omelette, a piece of toast and a salad drizzled with a bit of olive oil (+balsamic vinegar, for example). through in a small handful of nuts with your midmorning snack, and maybe some crackers.

The most important thing, however, is to ask yourself if YOU think you're eating enough. Do you feel like you're severely restricting your food, or are you full and satisfied with what you're eating. You don't have to eat the same thing over and over to get results, and you certainly don't have to starve yourself. If you are making a drastic change from old habits, then chances are you'll cave and binge eventually. Keep it realistic. Find out what works best. Talk to a doctor as well, especially if exercise and dieting are new for you. Play head to your body and what it's telling you. Good luck :)
  • SamButler317
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys i am happy to stick with it for now but will see if i get bored in furture may have to chage it up a bit :happy:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it's fine to eat the same things every day.

For health and happiness, you might want to change things up more. Otherwise, you risk:

-- going back to your old habits when you reach your goal weight and gaining back what you worked so hard to lose.

-- maybe missing out on micronutrients that your body needs

-- As someone else said, what you're eating might not add up to enough calories/protein/fat/carbs to be sustainable for the long haul.
  • kuroi19
    kuroi19 Posts: 45
    Options
    Nothing bad about it. Maybe toss in a different veg every once in a while and buy different fruit sometimes too. Just to prevent yourself from hating your meals.
    Also as 3laine75 said some supplements like multivitamin and fish liver oil would be the extra step towards health. But not a must, it's not like you'd get all that balanced a diet and vitamins out of the food people eat when not on a diet either.
  • SamButler317
    Options
    I do sometimes have all bran ceral for breakast or whole grain toast would this be enough for a full day
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would find it boring, but as long as you get all your nutrients and calories there is nothing wrong with eating the same thing everyday.

For me I change it up a bit. There was a sale on Fage yogurt so I've been eating that with some fruit most morning this week. Last week I was on an egg kick. Most weeks I switch it between those and just having fruit.

I have salad about 4 days a week for lunch, but change up the ingredients. The other days I have leftovers, go out (weekends) or something completely different like a grilled cheese or soup.

Dinners tend to be some sort of protein (fish, chicken,pork, beef and 1 bean night), vegetables and a starch. The preparation of the meal varies daily. It's rare that I have the same protein for dinner 2 nights in a row, let alone the same meal.
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same meals everyday and its what works for me. I sometimes allow myself a "cheat" meal persay on the weekends but I feel like it takes me off track.

Everyone is different and everything in moderation. I agree with others though your menu doesn't seem very filling. Maybe add in more lean protein and some more veggies??

Best of luck!
  • joannedemarco
    Options
    Hi, eventually you will get bored with your choices. When you do, be careful! I do tend to vary my foods and I found adding more spices and flavors makes it easier to stay with. April 1 through today I am down 40 lbs. As they say variety is the spice of life! Good luck with your journey.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do: chicken couscous salad everyday for lunch and dinner followed by a yoghurt or two. Makes it really easy to log and I know I'm getting the right protein in. I change sources every now and then so I'm getting different chemicals. ;)
  • ladylalaland
    ladylalaland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't think it'll do you any harm, although, as others have said, boredom may become a factor. Also, some people believe its good to mix up your diet to give your body a challenge, instead of it geting used to processing the same foods. How scientific that is, I don't know.

Personally, as I live alone, it is cheaper for me to have the same evening meal a couple of times a week. For example, I'll have an omlette on Monday, Chicken On Tuesday, Omlette again on Wednesday, Chicken again on Thursday then change it over to a different 2 meals. My Breakfast and Lunches tend to be the same all week, then I'll change them the following week and so on.

HTH
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want.....
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eating the same thing every day is fine, but that doesn't sound like nearly enough food, doesn't Insanity recommend around 1800 calories minimum?
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want. My dinners vary, but lunch and snacks are pretty much the same thing every day. I don't get bored with it - but I can see how someone else might.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would be bored out of my mind...but that's just me...I'm kind of a foodie.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes have all bran ceral for breakast or whole grain toast would this be enough for a full day

Alone? Only if you were eating in quantities to achieve your calorie goals (and you'd have some fun toilet issues I should imagine if you just ate THAT much all bran lol)