Is it possible to lose INNER THIGH fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Even when I weighed less than 100lbs (I was underweight) I STILL had inner thigh fat! But no butt, it was soooo gross. But the inner thigh fat stuck around.

So yes, you can reduce your overall fat and you'll lose some of the thigh fat, but sometimes, certain areas are stubborn, and unless you get lipo, it is what it is. Squats will give you an awesome *kitten* so that the inner thigh fat... wait what inner thigh fat? I'm still in awe of this great *kitten*! Distraction :)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Even when I weighed less than 100lbs (I was underweight) I STILL had inner thigh fat! But no butt, it was soooo gross. But the inner thigh fat stuck around.

So yes, you can reduce your overall fat and you'll lose some of the thigh fat, but sometimes, certain areas are stubborn, and unless you get lipo, it is what it is. Squats will give you an awesome *kitten* so that the inner thigh fat... wait what inner thigh fat? I'm still in awe of this great *kitten*! Distraction :)

Aren't you worried that squats will make you bulky?

;)
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Okay so you can not spot reduce but you can still do certain exercise which works the area. Try suma squats, squat against the walk and hold, kickboxing kicks, legs lifts as if you are stepping over a table.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Honestly, I can't believe there is a question regarding spot reduction every single day. :/

And honestly, I can't believe people always assume the OP is ignorant. You can work certain areas of your body. You may not "spot reduce," but there's absolutely no shame in concentrating on certain areas. People do it everyday, and if they use the right terminology, no one rolls their eyes.

To the OP: you can most certainly work your inner thighs so they look better. Fat loss is a different story, but while you're working on that, work on your problem areas. You will feel and look better.
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    work on your problem areas. You will feel and look better.

Yes, if the problem is visual.
    If it's chafing then more muscle in the area can make it worse. Unfortunately.
  • HeatherCunningham21
    Options
    Getting rid of fat in particular areas doesn't really work but if you firm up the muscle underneath while you lose weight the appearance will change at the very least. Try pile squats, or thigh squeezes, if you're at home just use a small Pilates ball or even just a rolled up towel.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I think it is just genetics, time and weight loss. My thighs don't get smaller than 24 inches until I get below 140 lbs.

With exercise, they aren't as jiggly though.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of fat in particular areas doesn't really work but if you firm up the muscle underneath while you lose weight the appearance will change at the very least. Try pile squats, or thigh squeezes, if you're at home just use a small Pilates ball or even just a rolled up towel.

Call me crazy, but wouldn't you want to grow the muscle nearby, rather than the one under the fat?
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I can't believe there is a question regarding spot reduction every single day. :/

And honestly, I can't believe people always assume the OP is ignorant. You can work certain areas of your body. You may not "spot reduce," but there's absolutely no shame in concentrating on certain areas. People do it everyday, and if they use the right terminology, no one rolls their eyes.

To the OP: you can most certainly work your inner thighs so they look better. Fat loss is a different story, but while you're working on that, work on your problem areas. You will feel and look better.

Exactly!!!
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Aerobic exercise melts fat away evenly over the entire body... so stay active and in time in will be reduced. :smile: Remember the abdomen and lower body are the last locations to show real weight loss:bigsmile: (these areas are also the first areas to show weight gain...:wink: ) Hang in there...!!:tongue:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I can measure and tell a difference with a combination of walking, Barre3 and Yoga. But I also lost 46 pounds and am within 5 pounds above the bottom of my healthy weight range. My PT says the longer I maintain (on my second year) and keep the exercise up the firmer my body will get all over. Keep at it! I would rather keep it and have improvement over the next year!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Back in my younger years, I starting bike riding to work and also after work. It took about 3 months of steady riding, but I had very nice legs with lots of definition. I also lost the excess fat off my body in that time as well.

If you like bike riding, I'd suggest doing that. I find it fun myself so it's not even like working out. It burns fat and firms up your legs at the same time AND puts a smile on your face. Except when there's a wicked head wind. Then not so much. :tongue:

According to your ticker, you'd still like to lose 111 lbs. Like others have said, keep working your plan, burn the excess fat and you'll see improvement in your inner thighs and all over your body.

I wish you lots of success!
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can measure and tell a difference with a combination of walking, Barre3 and Yoga. But I also lost 46 pounds and am within 5 pounds above the bottom of my healthy weight range. My PT says the longer I maintain (on my second year) and keep the exercise up the firmer my body will get all over. Keep at it! I would rather keep it and have improvement over the next year!

LOVE Barre3! It has a lot of exercises for toning the inner thigh.
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    i tried and tried to spot reduce my inner thigh fat (it was bothering me when i was running), but in the end just losing the last 10 lbs did it without trying to target it. that being said, i do one exercise that does really leave my inner thighs sore which is to lie on my back on a mat or whatever and hold a stability ball in between my feet. raise your legs up to about a 45degree angle and squeeze as hard as you can for 15 seconds. repeat 3 times. your legs should be shaking the entire time. i definitely always feel sore the next day after this, but don't credit it for my toned up thighs, i think it was just the overall weight loss.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wide leg squat
    That little inner thigh squeeze thing that was insanely popular in the 80s... yeah. That thing works.

^^^ Yes, I do wide leg squats with weights/barbell.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wide leg squat
    That little inner thigh squeeze thing that was insanely popular in the 80s... yeah. That thing works.

^^^ Yes, I do wide leg squats with weights/barbell.

I do wide leg squats too and although I still have a good amount of fat on there my inner thighs look a lot better and i chaffe a hell of alot less. I assume you're asking if fat in thighs can be lost in general and not the whole spot reducing thing..