does ur food choices affect ur weight loss? plz help

Options
hey guys i was wondering if anyone have an idea about ur choosing of food to lose weight ?...im not talking ofcourse about adding junk foods or any of the unhealthy bad foods....im talking about the normal diet.

do i have to pick specific foods to lose weight ?
or it doesnt matter what food u choose as long as its healthy and that the calorie is still a calorie and doesnt matter where it comes from as long as its not junk foods ?

reason for the asking is that im worried about my lack of deep informations regarding the nutrition world.

thx alot for reading i appreciate it

Replies

• caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible, i.e. no junk, just healthy wholesome none processed food. I do this because if i eat junk food, i crave more junk, so makes dieting very hard. When i eat healthy i feel amazing and love dieting, so for me, it makes sense to eat as healthy as possible.

In terms of weight loss, a calorie is a calorie. You can become overweight by over consuming oranges or over consuming burgers, but obviously there are big differences in terms of nutrition and health.

In my opinion, many health providers are vastly uneducated about diet and nutrition, and only know the basics, much betterto research as much as you can yourself.

Good luck to you
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    Don't complicate weight loss. If you eat less of what your eating now, you'll lose weight.......true story.:smile:
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    As far as weight loss - calories in, calories out.

I think better food choices make a difference on how I feel. Now that I'm eating less fried foods, sugary desserts (not completely stopped) I feel better and have more energy. The more vegetables and fruit I eat, the more I crave them. They also keep me full longer so I'm less likely to overeat.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your question, you basically answered it yourself.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I can eat twice as much fresh fruit or homemade roast with fresh vegetables made from my kitchen in comparison with buying a double cheeseburger and an ice cream cone from Mcdonalds and feel more full, more energetic, and all with less calories/fat/sugar/sodium/carbs.

So I guess in that sense, eating non-processed can help lose weight.
  • Doc2542185
    Doc2542185 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is that 400 calories of Doritos does something different to your body than 400 calories of vegetables. Just make smart food choices.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I eat the same stuff I would eat before, but in different proportions and quantities. As long as you are getting sufficient protein, fats, and carbs and your calorie goal is enough to fuel your body properly, you're good. No magical foods will speed weight loss, and no evil foods will hinder it. Of course, getting too much sodium can make you retain water, but that's not a weight gain from body fat.
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't complicate weight loss. If you eat less of what your eating now, you'll lose weight.......true story.:smile:
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This !
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    calories in vs calories out

I eat what I want but I do like fruits and vegetables and I am a vegetarian so that helps..however I learned that if I deny myself treats I benge and it is not helpful so I allow for what I call candy bar thirty most days where I have a sweet or salty treat daily and it has really helped sticking on my goal. I also noticed that if I am going out or something I am ok with skipping candy bar thirty sometimes and I don't feel bad.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For me personally I find that when I eat bread I retain more water, so I tend to avoid that.

You don't have to eat clean 100% of the time, be sure to allow yourself a treat to avoid binging or uncontrollable eating.

Aslong as you have a calorie deficit, technically you should be losing weight.

Listen to your body, it will be different for you
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is that 400 calories of Doritos does something different to your body than 400 calories of vegetables. Just make smart food choices.

^^^THIS^^^^
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, hit your targets, get fiber.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^^THIS^^^^

It's still "calories in vs calories out" for weightloss though....true story.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There are no individual foods that will either *cause* or *prevent* weight loss. However, the nutrient content of your overall diet can determine things like if your weight loss will be mostly fat or will your body lose muscle too. Lack of vitamins can make you feel sluggish. Lack of fiber can "stop you up."

Choose foods that you enjoy eating, that fit in your calorie goal, and that provide your body with enough protein, essential fats, vitamins/minerals, etc. It doesn't matter *which* foods you eat. It only matters that you eat enough nutrients and the right amount of calories.
  • Superfantastic
    Options
    Where food choice makes a big difference for me is in how full it makes me feel. Just eating less of what I used to eat would be more difficult because I'd feel hungry more often. When I eat food with a lot of fiber and protein, it's easier not to overeat because I feel more full and stay full longer.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Not sure if srs.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can eat twice as much fresh fruit or homemade roast with fresh vegetables made from my kitchen in comparison with buying a double cheeseburger and an ice cream cone from Mcdonalds and feel more full, more energetic, and all with less calories/fat/sugar/sodium/carbs.

This!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

This!

Calories in.....Calories out....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    No your choices do not effect your ability to lose "weight." An all Twinkie diet would help you lose weight as long as you are at a calorie deficit.

The problems with an all Twinkie (or junk food) diet are many. You will be hungry often, if you are eating at a deficit & don't get enough protein, fiber, or fat. You will lose muscle mass (more than usual) because you are not eating enough protein. Also, low fiber diets are bad for so many reasons..... but I think an all twinkie diet would make you constipated.

Making good food choices when you have fewer calories to work with is important for health reasons, as well as keeping you full (and sticking with your diet).