Just had a baby need support group!

Options
tabithap07
tabithap07 Posts: 39 Member
Hi everyone I just had a baby girl 3 weeks ago and I am now ready to get going on my fitness journey AGAIN! So I am needing a good support system on here. Please add me if you log on daily and are also working towards your goals! :)

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I joined after having my son a year ago. Feel free to add me and let me know what I can do to help.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome! congrats! Is this your first? If so....its only been 3 weeks. I would suggest letting yourself get used to being a mom and taking it easy. Most doctors don't recommend starting exercise until 6 weeks after birth. You need to heal first and have things go back into position or you could injure yourself. Also, be prepared for the sleep depriavtion and baby blues to impact your mood and energy levels. At least they did for me. Also, are your breastfeeding? If so, I wouldn't drop your calories too drasticly or they will impact your supply.

I suggest for now until you get the ok from your doc, stick to going for walks with your little one. Added benifit of daytime walks is it helps your baby set up her circadian rthyms and sleep better at night (not that they still won't wake up at night for a while yet)
    Enjoy your little one, they are so precious! I don't know how I lived my life before I had my girls, they bring such joy to everyday.
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Let your body recover before you start giving it hell! At least till you have been checked over by a doctor at your post natal check up.

Great motivation though mama well done. Breastfeeding gives you an extra 500 cals a day so there is a big help right there alone xxx
  • lissalove1123
    lissalove1123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a baby boy last September and just now an ready to start losing weight! It was harder when he was little because him, work, and the house was quite demanding. You can add me if you like as well!

Having someone keep you accountable and supporting you is the key! :)
  • dnkibble
    dnkibble Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi !!! congrats on your new bundle of joy ! It's never too early to get your body in shape, unless you had major complications! Breastfeeding will help give you a head start in a big way!! Keep us posted , I recommend body builders.com they have AWESOME before and after pics of moms who transformed their bodies and look amazing, very motivational and supportive websit along with nutrition And exercise advice lots it! Welcome and good luck tracking!!
  • phitandphree
    phitandphree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you anyone is interested:
    if you want join a facebook group: we do that. We're a MFP facebook group so a great place to make more friends. Us admins share a tip of the day, quotes and you can share anything as well. We do fun/friendly challenges for workouts and food. They are not mandatory. We share recipes, struggles, victories, our goals. Check each others diary and workouts! 2 in 1 deal! Lol

If your Interested looks us up: MFP Group Challenges
  • phitandphree
    phitandphree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    And congrats on being a new mommy!
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Congrats on your baby. I had my baby girl in June and I've begun this journey again. Feel free to add me :)
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ..feel free to add me , I had my daughter 16 months ago and breastfed her for 8 months .. I admire your enthusiasm though I suggest you wait till your 6 weeks post-natal check .. Allow your body to recover well and by now just drink lots of water , stay away from unhealthy choices and don't starve , always have something to eat ..
    All the best of luck my dear :flowerforyou:
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    New mommy for the 5th time here!!! Baby is 2 weeks and I am getting ready to get back to getting fit :) Right now I am just resting as much as possible with 5 kiddos (10 this month, 8, 6, 2 and 2 weeks), eating well and enjoying these precious days!

I am going to start my journey by doing a detox created by nutrition professionals (safe during breastfeeding) and then I will be consuming high protein, fresh veggies and fruits to reach my weight loss goals. I did this same thing last year and lost 40 lbs!!! So ready to do it again :)

Feel free to add me! I'd love to have support from a new mommy :)
  • sAlexRice13
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat! I just had my second little one 3months ago tomorrow, haven't been successful in losing weight or tightening tummy yet but I'm hoping I'll see some results soon! If you want to add me you can :)