200 pounds to lose !!

Options
At my highest, I was at 384. I started MFP two weeks ago at 370.

This two weeks is the longest that I have stayed on any "diet". I've lost 12 pounds as of my last weigh in. The funny thing is - this isn't a diet. At first my goal was only to log my food, honestly and completely. Then I worked on staying under my calorie goal.

Now I realized I'm way over on sodium (still too many processed foods) so I'm working on getting more fruits and veggies in.

I am so thankful because I feel like I have broken that bond of addiction. I actually said no thank you to mom's homemade lemon cake today. And she wasn't offended and I didn't feel deprived. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Hardee's Frisco Thickburger right now but I know how aweful it would make me feel if I actually ate it.)

Many praises to God for breaking the addiction. Now I just have to work with Him on healing my body and getting it back to it's healthy state.

I appreciate all of those who post thier trials and triumphs on here. It is a good example for me, it let's me know that I'm the only one going through the rough days (There have even been a few times that a person posts an issue at the exact time I am experiencing the same thing). Thank you.

Those who are losing weight, I would love to hear from you on what is working and what is not working.

I'm most nervous about the changes my body will go through. Mentally and physically. I've always been fat. In eighth grade I weighed 180 pounds. I don't know how to relate to myself or others in a smaller body. I think this will be the area that will make me to start self sabatoging myself.

Physically, I don't want to loose my boobs. I could say "lol" and play it off as a joke but in all seriousness, my weight hasn't and doesn't bother me because when I look down I don't see belly, I see boobs. The are so much a part of my idenity that I am scared to loose them. I've never been a proponent of plastic surgery but I have come to terms with it. When I reach my weight goal, if I am not happy with my physical appearance then I will get implants. I'm considering it my 200 pound reward.

Well, just I just want to reiterate my gratitude to all of those on this site that share their stories and to the friends that encourage and support me.

Thank you.

Eva

Replies

• KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start! As for the boob thing, I'm a bit worried about what size they'll be when the rest of me hits the size I want to be, and as far as I'm concerned, when you reach your goal, I'm sure you will, if it makes you happy, go for it! Who knows, maybe it wont be necessary, or maybe just a lift, but its your body, and don't ever let anyone get you down for taking care of yourself and doing something that makes you happy.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    my girls have thus far not changed. my bra i now fasten at the hooks that make it the tightest possible. if anything, they look bigger now because the stomach is smaller.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I too need to lose 200 pounds. It has not been easy. I did good for a while then I let little things come in and side track my journey. I refuse to use the word diet. This is a lifestyle change and a journey to get there. But with Gods help I will make it. Today was a very good day. Stayed under my sodium and calories which is a biggie for me. I can do this with Gods help and so can you. I also am afraid of what my body will be like when I finally get the 200 pounds off. The body may not look the best but I will be healthier. Keep up the good work. You will make it. Just blog often to get the feeling out of you and down on the computer. Helps not to bottle things up. Have a blessed journey. Kaye:happy:
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story i think i started about 2 or 3 weeks ago as well & like you this is my first time every sticking to a weight loss regimen more than 1 week! im excited about the changes that have taken place im more active than i have every been in my life & i actually enjoy eating healthy!!!

congrats on your 12pd weight loss keep going!!!

Good luck to you on your journey!!!
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You might find yourself really happy to look down below those boobies after all that weight loss Eva!!!! After you lose even less than that you will be so happy to see the difference. Keep going, don't worry about something like that at the moment. You are off to a great start