No Longer Obese!!!

Options
When I started my journey, my BMI was in the "obese" category. I knew I was fat, but didn't have a clue that I was obese. I was horrified by the word - silly me. I felt tired all of the time and just uncomfortable. I am now in the "overweight" category. I feel better all ready, even though I still have a lot more weight to shed. I am more active.You can get rid of the weight, just by eating healthier and moving!

Replies

• benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is definitely something to be proud of!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work on the loss! BMI is a horrible tool - I am considered overweight too and probably always will be because I am so short.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just went to the doctor today and noticed the same thing about myself. I was so happy! My next goal is to make it into the "normal" category. I have a physical in two months, so I'm aiming to make it there by then. We can do this!!! :happy:
  • beautifulctb
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses! The encouragement from my friends on MFP has been so great!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAYY!!!!! "Overweight" sounds so much better than "Obese", doesn't it? :) Great work!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling isn't it? I hit that mark last week.

Way to go!
  • sunnybear39
    sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You have worked hard and great job!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I hit that mark a few weeks ago but didn't realize it until last night! I know how you're feeling. Let's enjoy it. :smile:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Must be a wonderful feeling and give you a heap of further motivation. I'm dreaming of just being overweight, I have about 26 lbs still to go to get out of the obese category................ should be there by Christmas without any problem!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress! keep going!
  • dedeluca
    Options
    Hey! I actually just hit the same milestone, and I was in the same boat not really believing I was obese. Congrats!
  • d_sweeney
    d_sweeney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I moved into the overweight category a couple of weeks ago! Good job, keep it up!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Fantabulous! Frabjous!! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!
  • Jamierflees
    Jamierflees Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm officially 15 pounds away from no longer being "morbidly obese" ICK! Doesn't that sound horrible? I sure think it does. I've already lost over 80 pounds and I'm still considered morbidly obese :/. Oh well, I'm not going to let that stop me. Keep up the great work everyone! I can't wait until I'm just considered overweight, by that time I'll have lost over 150 pounds :)!!!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Clipper1969
    Options
    Nice going! Keep up the good work!
  • dadzzz
    dadzzz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my bmi is 31 obese i need to 30 and under to be over weight just 1 more to go lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!