How many days a week do you exercise

Options
Hi I was just wondering how many days a week other exercise? Do you have a goal when your doing cardo of how many calories you want to burn?

Replies

• murrayhambrick
    Options
    I work out almost daily if only to ride my stationary Bike for 15 minutes. I have missed very few days. :)
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    6 days. I usually take a day of rest....however I still end up walking or doing something active on my rest days.

If you work at with any great intensity your body needs the rest day!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I go to interval pool aerobics 4 times a wk for 70-75 minutes each time.The calorie burn is pretty good for someone my age,even better for younger ppl.Also try to walk 1/2 times a wk.Not my fav exercise,so can't say I hit the sidewalk as often as I should.

My feeling is,every 1/2 hour of exercise will add up Something is better than nothing.
  • tinavanderlaan
    Options
    I usually work out 5 to 6 days a week. Whenever I think my body needs a rest day I stay at home from the gym but usually still ride my bike or go for a short run.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    5-7 days a week I was up until recently doing 3 hour work outs but now I split them into 2 separate work outs an AM doing Core and cardio or Core and Circuit and then weight lifting in the PM.This has allowed me to put more effort into my weight lifting rather then feeling sapped from running or circuit training.
  • DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    6 days a week 30-40 minute exercises. Mostly cardio and strength workouts.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week. I run everyday on my lunch break, also do strength training two days a week and take one rest day. I don't really have a caloric goal for each workout, I'm more focused on just getting really fit and increasing my strength. I'm currently marathon training, so it's really focused all on preparing myself for my next race.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    6 days a week... spin 3-4x a week for cardio burn about 600 calories per spin.. Do Body pump 3-4x burn around 400 calories.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    4-5 usually. 3 days of heavy lifting and then 1 or 2 days of cardio.
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    every day an hour on my bike except on Saturday when it's two hours and run 3k three times a week.
    Sorry do I have a goal? yes to enjoy it
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Atleast 5 days a week, once or twice each day and I average 6 hours per week.
  • bfanjoy1993
    bfanjoy1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bike for about 20 minutes Monday through Thursday so 4 days a week, and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are my so called "lazy days", but even on these days I usually have at least 30 minutes of walking or of doing some kind of light physical activity. It will likely depend on what fits into your household lifestyle. My household is always on the move and never sitting still especially on the weekends. That is why I basically take them off. Good luck! :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 days per week and that's usually about 20 minutes walking, 5 minutes cardio, and 40 minutes lifting. I try to go for a couple of walks per week too.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    6 right now, I am training for a half marathon so I'm following a pretty strict schedule. When not training for something I still get at least 5 days usually still 6 though.
  • Grammy9250
    Grammy9250 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I purposely exercise M-F and take the weekends off to rest my body. Of course on the weekends there's always some "activity" that gets me up an moving! :)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    6x per week, lifting heavy. Rest Sunday.
  • mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just started working out seriously and I do 5 days =)
    Day 1 - Upper Body
    Day 2 - Lower Body + Abs
    Day 3 - Fusion (yoga/pilates)
    Day 4 - Upper body
    Day 5 - Lower Body + Abs

Each work out (except the fusion) I do 5 mins warm up on either the treadmill, stationary bike or the rowing machine and 5 mins cool down on one of the cardio machines.
    *EDIT to add: No I don't usually have a goal with my cardio =) But I know that in 5minuites I should be able to get 1km rowing, 3.5km on the bike or just over 0.5km on the treadmill.

BUT I also run around after a 2.5year old boy and have a nearly 4month baby, so I don't need too much more cardio haha.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Right now it's 3 days a week with vast amounts of walking on off gym days. I've gone as much as 5 days a week to the gym. When I go for cardio I usually try to get 15 to 35 minutes in, depends on if I am lifting that day too or not. I try to go for as many miles as I can rather than focus on calories burned... I do try to stay away from 333 though as I hate that number. I think that any amount of exercise is better than zero exercise. Park your car farther from the store, walk to the stores/restaurants that are close to your house. It's better to move a little than to be lax.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Hi I was just wondering how many days a week other exercise? Do you have a goal when your doing cardo of how many calories you want to burn?

I have fitness goals that are completely independent of weight loss goals and calorie burn. You can control your weight 100% with diet...just eat at a calorie deficit to lose. Use your diet for weight control; exercise for fitness...you'll be happier and healthier in the long run. Trying to go burn off 1000 calories per day or whatever is unrealistic and unsustainable long term. Ultimately, if you live a fitness centric and nutrition focused lifestyle, you win...

I train 5-6 days per week depending. I always take at least one rest day...sometimes two if I've really been hammering my body into submission. I usually take a full rest week every 4-6 weeks or so.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Run 4x weekly and Crossfit 2x weekly. After my half-marathon in October, that will likely become either 3/3 or 4/2 in favor of CF. Sundays are rest days.