The little things...

Options
rhia575
rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
Although I do not necessarily have a 'success story' as such, I wanted to post this anyway. Around about March after sending my application to join the British army I decided it was time to take control of my health and fitness and I began making small changes. Late April early May I started taking it more seriously and lost a significant amount, however upon finishing high school I went on a spree of alcohol filled nights most days of the week for a month or so. I started beating myself up about this a few weeks ago because I felt I had ruined all the progress I had made.
I decided to get over it and start again so I did so.
While donating blood on Monday (19-08-13), the nurse weighed me and I was 69kg (152 lbs) and she responded "What's going on ?" and I was puzzled. She then continued on to tell me the last time I donated (3 months ago) I was 76kg (167.5 lbs) and I told her I had been eating better and working out and she told me I was doing a great job and just make sure I'm losing weight healthily etc.
It was such a feel good moment. I hadn't even realized and I had been feeling so down about the previous month or so. Then today, a dress which I was under the presumption it was not going to fit as it was a UK size 10 (assuming I was still a 14) and I only ordered it as a goal to work towards arrived. I thought i'd try it on to see how far I have to go to fit into it and it fitted perfectly!
I honestly couldn't be happier this week. I know I haven't made much progress and I have a long way to go still but it's made me realize you are probably doing much better than you think you are and that I need to not be so happy. Anyway thought I'd just post my little feel good moments. Also sorry I haven't quite figured how to post pictures on here yet!
Also, to anyway who is beating themselves up for messing up for a for a few weeks or days or even one day, don't! Just get back on it and stay positive(: Have a great day and keep smiling!

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You are so right!
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done - and good luck with your army career.
  • rhia575
    Options
    thankss(:
  • leabailey11
    Options
    What a great share! I need to bust my butt a bit more so I can say this too! Maybe in like 4 months haha!
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    Amazing job :D I really enjoyed your story, I hope that you get down to where you want to be and stay healthy <3
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • rhia575
    Options
    What a great share! I need to bust my butt a bit more so I can say this too! Maybe in like 4 months haha!
    Just keep going and it'll happen! (: good luckk
  • rhia575
    Options
    Amazing job :D I really enjoyed your story, I hope that you get down to where you want to be and stay healthy <3
    aw thanks i'm glad (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!