Need to find something that works..

2»

Replies

• irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    2 things. One instead of giving up and eating what you want when you go over, try adding extra cardio or even weights to balance. I've been told that you can count lifting as 1 cal/rep. Some are actually more and some are less but it averages out, and if you lift you will build muscle which of course weighs more than fat.

The second thing, if you can do it, get a fat monitoring scale, there are even some small hand held things that will do the same thing. The important thing is the fat % in relation to lean body mass.

Also try interval training, go as hard as you can for as long as you can then slow down to moderate to slow pace until you have your breath back and slowly build back up and do it again for however long your cardio routine lasts... only do this if you have no cardio issues & have had a physical to confirm.

good luck
  • Try whey protein powder that you can add to water, skim milk or anything. It really curves my appetite-alot!! You can find them in the health section at the grocery store (they are generic). Be sure to drink alot of water so you won"t get constipated. My Dr. suggested this and along with 20 min. of elipticle 3x/wk-and I also eat alot of soup, Iam not to hungry. So far 21/2 lbs in 7 days. Keep trying!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I strongly encourage you to get a plan. The night before, decide what you're in the mood to eat the next day and LITERALLY carve out what you're going to eat, how much, etc. Put in how much you estimate you'll burn working out (say, use last time's burn minus 10-20 calories). Make sure you're getting at 20-30% protein and 25-30g of fiber everyday. Work hard to get those two things and try not to eat too much sugar. You can have things you love, things that are bad for you, just not OFTEN. You can check my diary for ideas. You'll see yesterday I had 2 tootsie rolls and a twizzler...I had extra calories & my co-worker offered me the Twizzler which I hadn't had in FOREVER so I allowed myself to have it. Normally I would check it before eating it but I didn't...it ended up being about 35 calories so it's a good thing I had extras. Little things like this add up, which is why you gained back what you lost. When you eat stuff before you log it or without looking, you can really underestimate how much you're eating.

You've gotta start having some kind of organization -- drinking a lot of water helps me not to overeat. When I start to get hungry and I know it's not a good time to eat (say, it'll be another 4-5 hours before I can eat again), I'll chug a bunch of water and tell myself if I'm still hungry 20 minutes later (how long it takes your body to actually process hunger), then I'll eat. If I can't stand that long, I'll drink more water or chew gum.

Another thing is... I don't know what work outs you're doing but I have a feeling you're doing the same thing you've always been doing. Arc trainer, Gazelle, etc. To keep from being bored, branch out! Buy a $10 Jillian Michaels DVD. Seriously, she will kick your *kitten*. I just started her No More Trouble Zones on Saturday and did it for the second time last night and I can FEEL it working. I've also been trying to eat a lot cleaner and I can notice a drastic difference in how I feel -- I have more energy; I was depressed & anxious for awhile because of lack of exercise and that's changed now that I've been exercising more as well as eating better (studies have shown high-sugar diets contribue to depression, as well as eating a lot of processed foods in general) -- and how I look, how my clothes fit me.

I remember how eager you were in the beginning and it makes me sad to see you're back where you started. I think you just need to start fresh. New exercises, change your diet (as in, not even just choosing healthier foods but DIFFERENT healthier foods - you could be bored with what you're eating especially if it's the same day in and day out), and make new goals... not weight-related. Say, I want to fit into these jeans by this day, or, I want to have more energy, or I want to only eat one sweet thing a day and a very small portion. Or whatever you want.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    I was going to respond but I think Arielle nailed it on the head.
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    thats sure not what happend....im still here....lol....so what ever ...hahahaha
  • pinksgirlfriend
    think ahead about being anorexic? sounds unhealthy honey.not jealous, just real...i have a real weight problem im handling.... thats what this site is for, not peole who wanna complain about 5 pounds.
  • pinksgirlfriend
    nope...not deleated.....lol....no one with real weight issues wants to hear a skinny person complain about i weigh 130 i need to be anorexic and be 15 pounds lighter....you cant feel my point?
This discussion has been closed.