Short Women Weight Loss

Options
Are there any women who have had success stories losing weight that were less than 30 lbs overweight to begin with? My name is Emily and I am 5ft or 5'1 on a good day (lol). I used to weigh about 137 lbs and realized I need to start making some changes. I started going to the gym, keeping my cals at 1200-1300 per day, and eating the right foods such as salads, chicken, eggs, veggies, fruits and cutting out all of the bad carbs, etc. Now I weigh 126.5 lbs and I am stuck. I am a size 8 in pants, which for me I am not comfortable at. My stomach fat is my main problem. I have a Planet Fitness membership. I have tried insanity and found it was too difficult and causing injuries for me. No matter what, I just can't seem to lose any more weight! My ultimate goal weight would be around 100-110 lbs, but mainly I am just concerned with loosing my protruding tummy! It is my biggest insecurity.

If anyone who is short like me has had great success and would like to sharebefore and after pictures, or how they achieved their goals, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

-Emily

Replies

• RosieWosie
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rosie, I'm 5'0 and I weigh 104lbs. I know I'm in a "healthy" weight but I wanted to tone and gain muscle even if it made me gain weight. I've struggled with food since I was 14 (I'm 18 now and recovering) and until this June after going to recovery, that made me gain about 10 lbs (I was 97lbs), I started doing the Blogilates monthly calendar and tried eating clean. I did that for 2 months and saw slow progress and then this month I started with Insanity and it actually has been pretty good on me. I haven't lost a lot of weight as you can see but I'm pretty comfortable where I am now, I just want to tone my muscles and I've already seen some results.
    Now that you said you got injuries from Insanity you can try other cardio work outs like the Blogilates Calendar, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or even CrossFit, I have a friend that lost almost 20lbs in two months of CrossFit (she's 5'3).
    I hope I was of any help:) xx
  • heyyyyskinnygirl
    Options
    i didn't have too much to lose either and my height is 5'1 ~ 5'2 so we're pretty similar. now i have 10 or 15 lbs to lose for my goal and i'm just sticking to 1100 cals a day without forcing myself to exercise or anything... although i'm a college student and i move around quite a bit even just walking to and from school haha. anyway, it sounds like you've plateaued but just keep eating healthy the last few pounds are the most stubborn but they'll come off eventually! maybe all of a sudden. :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    4‘:11-5‘0 here. finally 120 pounds. Another ten pounds to lose. I find that beating weight loss plateau is by eating at maintenance calories with light exercise.
  • BaconWagon
    BaconWagon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was actually 32 pounds overweight when i started. I'm 4'11, and also 5'0 on a good day haha. For the first 20 pounds, i barely counted calories, i just ate clean all the time and worked out 5-6 times a week. After that i become more aware on nutrition and all that. Although i still eat "clean", i follow iifym. The last 15 pounds were such a pain in the butt, sometimes i just didn't even know what was going on - it was so discouraging. Eventually i stopped staring at my body everyday hoping for a change (clearly that was ridiculous lol). After a consistent 3-4 weeks i started seeing changes, those last 15 pounds were coming off, it really takes time to see a difference. Changing up your routine really helps, in the beginning i was just doing cardio but then i also incorporated weight training. My stomach was literally the last area that slowly went away. Hang in there and just keep eating/working out and i'll guarantee you, you'll be seeing changes, you just have to be consistent and patient. My profile picture is also a before-after pic, it's about a 5-6 months difference.
    :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'1'' & weigh 130lbs now (size 6-7 US pants). Looking to lose maybe 5 or 10 more pounds. I'm lucky if I lose 2lbs a month now that I'm so close to my goal. I eat 1350 calories per day & workout everyday (HIIT, Strength training, yoga, pilates, light aerobics). I've found that having variety in my workouts helps. I also started watching my macros. They say abs are made in the kitchen. Good luck! I'm still working on my tummy too! I have a 2 year old & I doubt it'll ever go away fully.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot(on a good day) and have about 25 pounds to go, things got way outta control so I was about 75 pounds over what would be considered healthy for my height and age.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started off at 156lbs. I'm 138lbs now and my goal weight is 120lbs so still 18lbs to go.

I eat 1640 a day and exercise at least 5 times a week (2 cardio, 3 strength/weight). So far I average out at 1lb a week (sometimes that means no loss for 2/3 weeks and then 3lbs in one week) I also eat what I want. I haven't cut out any foods - if it fits my calories I'm going to eat/drink it!!!!!

I used to only do cardio but I really only started noticing my stomach shrinking and thighs shrinking when I started the weights programme (I do New Rules Of Lifting For Women).