"You shouldn't lose any more weight"

Options
2»

Replies

• lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    As long as your priority is to be healthy then the only criticism that you need to pay attention to is that from your doctor.
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to feel guilty about. You have done a great thing not only for your health but also for your self esteem. Congratulations on all your hard work! YOU SOOOO DESERVE IT!!!!!! You are an inspiration to everyone and if peoplem can't see that then that's their problem. Good luck and best wishes in all your goals. :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • FlashBang
    Options
    Your Marathon buddies won't give you that crap and neither will we. Be healthy and look healthy the alternative is not only not attractive, it is not fun, and feels worse. Keep it up you are doing a great job, in the words of Billy Crystal, "You look marvelous!"
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! It has to be them use to seeing you as a "bigger" person. Once I hit 50 pounds lost several people asked if I was going to stop. Umm...no! I'm still over 200 pounds even! Keep doing it the right way and they will just have to deal with it if you ask me. Good luck!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I know how you feel! It has to be them use to seeing you as a "bigger" person. Once I hit 50 pounds lost several people asked if I was going to stop. Umm...no! I'm still over 200 pounds even! Keep doing it the right way and they will just have to deal with it if you ask me. Good luck!

That is crazy.... I mean, great job on having lost 50 lbs, but still being over 200 lbs means a lot of unfinished business. I'm glad you know that you still have work to do!!!

150 lbs is a great ending weight goal! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • h_eloise86
    Options
    I'm not even in the overweight section of my BMI yet and I am hearing it.
    Sometimes I think it is shock for people.
    I was like starting to get close to three hundred right after my pregnancy.
    Everyone was SO used to seeing me eat, and eat a lot.
    I think now it's just them trying to get used to the woman I am now.
    Or, if the person is bigger themselves, sometimes I think it might be jealousy.
    It's not right but I have done it myself before...
    But do it for you!!
    Keep up the amazing work :)
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your Marathon buddies won't give you that crap and neither will we.

;)
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

That is crazy.... I mean, great job on having lost 50 lbs, but still being over 200 lbs means a lot of unfinished business. I'm glad you know that you still have work to do!!!

150 lbs is a great ending weight goal! Good for you! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! A guy I was dating nearly freaked out when I told him I wasn't even halfway done. It was not a pleasant conversation for him. But I'm not doing this for anybody else but me and my own health. :bigsmile:
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    People like to know what's going on around them. It's really as simple as that. We categorize the people we know a certain way because it helps us understand our world and how we fit in it. When the notions we have about any part of our world change, we feel uncomfortable and react accordingly, with concern. This false perspective is why they think you are too thin. They aren't trying to sabotage you, it's just that something they thought they understaould is changing, and no one likes change.

Edit; Also, remember that many of these people have tried losing weight in the past. They've starved themselves, then binged all the weight back on. If they starved themselves and failed, then you must be starving yourself even more, which is, of course, unhealthy.
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to them!! You are doing this for yourself and not them!! Great job on the weight loss!!
  • Luckymam
    Options
    This happened to me only the other day. I'm actually still in the 'overweight' catergory (by around 10lbs) but was told I should stop losing weight now as I've lost enough. Telling the person in question that I still had over 20lbs to go was met with great surprise!

Sounds like me. I'm a wee bit over 5'7" and currently at 166. I know I should be at least 145. Said friend I mentioned earlier, while flattering, said I looked great right now and didn't appear to need to lose any further weight. I just said thanks but I have a lot of work to do still and I won't be satisfied until I accomplish more.

I'm 5'7" so I'm aiming for 140lbs (10 stone) which is TOTALLY healthy. Neither big nor skinny. But people keep telling me to "stop now" which I find funny. What am I supposed to do? Start sitting on my backside all day eating crap?!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    This happened to me only the other day. I'm actually still in the 'overweight' catergory (by around 10lbs) but was told I should stop losing weight now as I've lost enough. Telling the person in question that I still had over 20lbs to go was met with great surprise!

Sounds like me. I'm a wee bit over 5'7" and currently at 166. I know I should be at least 145. Said friend I mentioned earlier, while flattering, said I looked great right now and didn't appear to need to lose any further weight. I just said thanks but I have a lot of work to do still and I won't be satisfied until I accomplish more.

I'm 5'7" so I'm aiming for 140lbs (10 stone) which is TOTALLY healthy. Neither big nor skinny. But people keep telling me to "stop now" which I find funny. What am I supposed to do? Start sitting on my backside all day eating crap?!

Yeah I'm 5'2"ish so I could probably actually go smaller but I figure I'll evaulate that when I get there!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm considering getting weight/BMI chart tattooed on my forearm so when people say this CRAP to me I can SHOW them the FACTS. Maybe I'll be able to give them a little wake-up call at the same time! I have found that it is generally people who are overweight who say these things. As we can see on this site, those of us on a weight loss/exercise journey, no matter what we weigh, are supportive of others making positive changes.

Sorry, I get that they may not be intentionally trying to sabotage, that they just may be uncomfortable with change, but it burns me up. :explode:

You are doing great!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Another thing to keep in mind - maybe you do need to lose a few more pounds... or maybe you need to really pick up your weight training and start maintaining as far as food goes. I highly recommend going to a personal trainer or a Dr. and having your body fat % done. I am only 5'4", and my goal weight is 165-170, because I have a really muscular build. (Thanks, Dad! Haha.)

But no matter what... I would be annoyed by her comment too. Really, you are the one who is responsible for your health.