Greek....

Options
Okay, I have PLAIN Greek yogurt and it is DISCUSTING! I have 4.5 cups of it and I want to know what I can do to make it delicious, or what I can add it to!

Anyone have any good treats/foods that they make with Greek Plain?

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Add a fruit coulis or a little honey.

Or use it to make a (slightly) healthier version of anything with cream in - spaghetti carbonara, curry are 2 that spring to mind
  • Deja_Thoris
    Deja_Thoris Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mix it with Montreal Steak Spice and dill (or whatever spices you choose) and you will have a very yummy dip for your veggies
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump - for more ideas :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I add sugar free jello pudding mix, lol. White chocolate is my favorite. Usually 1 packet of pudding mix for every four cups of yogurt, give or take.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Add honey, brown sugar, peanut butter/PB2, fruit, raisins, etc. for something sweet.

Use it in place of sour cream or mayo in dips, cream sauces and things like chicken salad.

Mix some in with your oatmeal.

Use it in smoothies.
  • lynnlc
    lynnlc Posts: 12
    Options
    yeah... I am not the biggest fan of Greek yogurt either! But I buy it anyway, here are some ideas:

- Add it to smoothies
    - Mix in Indian spices (turmeric, cumin, coriander, red pepper) and marinate chicken in it
    - Mix in some ranch powder for a much healthier salad dressing or dip (it's not *quite* the same but it's not bad!)
    - Use it in place of sour cream - I did this with a rice/veggie dish and it was pretty delicious.
    - Mix in a lot of fruit, nuts, or granola to hide the taste :)
    - If you have an ice cream maker, you could make frozen yogurt with lots of fruit to satisfy ice cream cravings in a healthier way!
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I put chocolate protein powder, chia seeds, and a banana in mine. Tastes like pudding.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    N2O, then honey and berries
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream.

Try adding some chopped up fruit, nuts, and a drizzle of honey/syrup. Stir in some jam.

Umm....it's good for smoothies and using in recipes too.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OVERNIGHT OATS.

Take 1 cup of greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 tbsp of peanut butter/ almond butter, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips. Keep it in the fridge overnight (at least 8 hours) and eat it for breakfast!! Only like 300 calories with 30g of protein, and tastes AMAZING!
  • Doc2542185
    Doc2542185 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Replacing the mayo, use it to make egg or tuna salad. Salt & pepper to taste.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1tbsp cocoa, cinnamon to taste, drops of choc stevia drops, and whatever you like to drink. Mix it up and it tastes wonderful. On higher carb days I add a 1/3c of grape nuts or oats, and peanut butter. Awesome and under 200 cal (mine is 190 without oats and PB). You can do the same with low fat cottage cheese. You can put it in a blender, and throw the mixture in the freezer to make an alternate to ice cream.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit / honey
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    OVERNIGHT OATS.

Take 1 cup of greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 tbsp of peanut butter/ almond butter, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips. Keep it in the fridge overnight (at least 8 hours) and eat it for breakfast!! Only like 300 calories with 30g of protein, and tastes AMAZING!

Oh I am going to try this....sounds delish!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You can make a really good veggie dip out of it. I do NOT like Greek yogurt AT ALL but loved this. Add a Ranch seasoning packet to the yogurt & use for carrots/celery, ect. Very good!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Put it in cheese cloth to strain it overnight. Line a strainer with the cloth or tie a knot to make a sort of cheese cloth cradle you can hang from the kitchen sink.

It will be a lot like cream cheese.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I use it as a replacement for sour cream. I don't like it plain , either .
  • jlynnem13
    jlynnem13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add MIO, the stuff to flavor water! It works great! I also hate plain geek yogurt unless i am using it as sour cream.
  • LisaGCone
    LisaGCone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon's Light & Fit Vanilla Greek yogurt, and it's delicious all by itself. I add it to a mixture of fruits for a great fruit salad. 1/2 cup blue berries with 1/2 cup L&F is less than 100 calories.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mix in some jam. Or, maybe a drop of vanilla and some artificial sweetener.