Good quality/cheap shirts?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I need new shirts for working out. I've been using old ratty/way too big shirts (some have holes!) that really show sweat and it's just embarrassing.

Any recommendation of where I can find some? That don't stick to the body too much if possible... mostly for walking/running (if I ever decide to run).

Replies

• Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-DL10T019/12535900

I use those tanks, and so far as I've found, they work wonderfully! Every time I go with one of those super stretchy wicking materials for shirts, they ride up over my hips and end up with me giving the whole damn track front row tickets to my own bouncing belly show x_x. It's so embarrassing. I have to pretty much sprint at top speed with reckless abandon for a minute or more for that to happen with these.

That media pocket is such a life-saver for me, too. I had this style of shirt that I got off a clearance rack 2 years ago and it wore out and I looked for replacements and you know what? Fitness shirts are like $50 cheap, and that's without a media pocket and not even in plus sizes. Holy hell.
  • milesbrockovich
    Options
    I've been liking Avia products lately. They're made of sweat-wicking material, but are loose and comfy. You can find them at TJMaxx for $10-15.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I have a bunch from Old Navy that I love, and if you wait for their sales/codes they are super cheap. A few different styles that aren't tight but skim the body.
  • stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love nike workout gear. I know it's not cheap BUT i buy them at an outlet during a sale. It's totally worth it. I have nike gear that I purchased over 10 years ago that has be washed in hot and dryed in a dryer and it still looks fine. I swear my workout pants will last longer than me. Recently I purchased some danskin stuff from walmart. I find the fabric to be a bit scratchy and always wait until my other stuff is dirty to wear it.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got my latest workout clothes from www.eastbay.com. They have really reasonable prices and sales all the time. Check their 2 for $20 items!