Bra question for girls...

Options
When I jump rope and do jumping jacks I feel like I'm going to get a black eye from 'the girls'. I've tried doubling and even tripling my bra to hold them down, but they still bounce quite a bit and it *hurts*! 4 pregnancies and breastfeeding have done a number to them and right now I'm in a (insert super huge number)DDD and I don't know what to do to keep the bounciness to a minimum. Money is very, very tight so I can't go out and spend a bunch of money on a top of the line bra, is there anything else I can do??

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a sports bra or a regular bra with cups? If you are wearing a regular bra, try a sports bra. I found some at Target for about $10 each, Champion brand (I think...). They work pretty well, much better than a regular bra with cups, and don't give things a chance to go ANYWHERE!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 44DD and I feel the same way when I do jumping jacks, I bought a sports bra and they bounce right out of there, I'm hoping to get an answer too. My Mom said to try ACE bandaging them!
  • tater8589
    Options
    hmm.. I would suggest to find a very supportive sports bra.. But I do understand not being able to buy new ones, one idea maybe??? you could try using a sports wrap over your bra(s) to help hold them in one place. I will say though my advice may not be the best; I was not especially blessed in this area.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    What kind of bra are you wearing? Is it a sports bra? I'm a DDD too, and sports bras are hard to come by for us. Still - I found a DD and I wear two! Even though I'm popping out the side, those suckers are tied down (for the most part)... :-)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Tighten your straps as high as you can when exercising. If they are already tightened to the max, try using a safety pin (or two) to pin the straps together in the back. This has helped my DD's not bounce so much!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Instead of jumping jacks, etc. how about walking up steep hill/inclines, biking, eliptyical, etc? Good cardio workout without the bounce.
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    sorry double post
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras whenever I do any exercising. I have found the trick to be to wear a tighter one and then the one on top has more coverage. The tighter one will almost seem too tight at first but then put a regular one (Target Champion is what I use) over that one in your regular size.
    Good luck!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I swear by shock absorber sports bras - you only need one and it keeps everything in place. They are VERY comfortable and I have not once felt like I would lose my boobs or get a black eye - and that was even when I was a 46G xxx
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    This is the best product ever:
    http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_MaximumSupport-Champion/CH1694.aspx

You can find it for about 26 bucks if you look around. When you have some spare cash, it's completely worth the investment. They just kind of dissapear and stop being in your way. Better yet, it makes the girls look pretty damn good too. :)
  • tammiann61
    tammiann61 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What about buying wide ace bandages and use those to restrict movement. Kinda like binding that they do after giving birth for mom's who don't want to breast feed. Just a thought!
  • myrazimmie
    myrazimmie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't really think there is a cheap fix to this problem. No matter what it is going to involve you buying something.

I'm fairly "blessed" in the top area as well. I've had this problem before. My suggestion would be to buy a cup size and a band size smaller. It might be really tight, but it's th solution I've found thats works the best. Now, I'm not saying it fixes everything.. but it certainly helps. So say for instance you are a 40ddd, then buy a 38dd. If all else fails.. jump around in the fitting room until you find one that works. You may look crazy but you'll get what you need.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I swear by shock absorber sports bras - you only need one and it keeps everything in place. They are VERY comfortable and I have not once felt like I would lose my boobs or get a black eye - and that was even when I was a 46G xxx
    I do too but they ARE a bit pricey. The sports wrap (over a sports bra) and doubling (bottom bra being smaller) are the only things I had even remote success ith before my Shock Absorber. Good luck and take care of the girls!
  • donnak7
    donnak7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A sports bra is best, but remember, all sports bras ARE NOT created equal. You need one with wider straps and lots of support. The little girly spaghetti strap ones will not help unless you are tiny. Spend the money and get a good one!
  • agilbertson10
    Options
    Ya if youre using a regular bra thats definately going to happen. I'm a b-cup and mine bounce too lol. I suggest a sports bra as well, cause when i wear one it feels like mine are never gonna move again.
  • Mekanic
    Options
    I'm a DD and I wear a regular bra, a sports bra (Champion @ target) and one of those long sports bra shirt things they have in Target and it seems to work. I take a lot of step and do quite a bit of jumping jacks also. I definitely feel your pain!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options

This bra looks PERFECT!! I too have that same problem... I just looked on ebay and you can get one brand new for less than what you pay on the Champion website. I checked Targets website and they don't seem to carry this particular style unfortunately.
    I am absolutely going to buy one of these - thanks!!!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing a regular bra with two sports bras (one a DDD and one a DD) over it. I don't know the brand sports bra I'm using, whatever was in the cheap 3-pack from walmart, haha. I don't mind spending a little money, just not an exuberent amount (I'm thinking about my regular bra, which cost nearly $40, and cringing when I think about spending that much for a bra that I'm just going to sweat in!). I'm going to check out the champion ones. Thanks girls!
  • becka95
    becka95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Target has a C9 Champion bra that retails $10-15. I bought one that has the adjustable strap in the back and there is cushion in the cups (trust me no matter how big you are, you want this!) The Shoulder straps are not adjustable so I was actually able to go down a size and stuff the sisters in securely. I wear it for running, hiking, biking and yoga.

If you go with a pull-on sports bra (like a tank top that have little support), I would get one a size smaller and I wear 2 bras. The underneather bra is a regular bra for support then I put on a smaller sized pull-on sports bra. Not as comfortable but it's an acceptable alternative. Thing that stinks it my regular everyday bras wear out faster.