Ready to give up

Options
This happens every single time I make a vow to lose the 28lbs I hate so much, I'll have one day of positivity and something will happen but ill try so hard to stay on track but in the end I will always turn to binging and purging. I don't think I'll ever be free from my eating disorder. I still work out five times a week but I feel like a failure.

Can anyone relate even a tiny bit?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to focus on recovery from the eating disorder instead of losing the weight?
  • jeniferwills
    Options
    I agree. Are you seeing a therapist for the eating disorder? It's important to heal your heart and head, and the rest will follow.

I am sorry you are feeling crappy, and that you are struggling. Hang in there, because you can beat this thing.

And you are so worth it.

Jen
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can relate a little. I don't have a problem with purging but I definitely have a problem with emotional eating. I have a much larger number I want to lose but am definitely wanting to lose 30 before I start having children. I've talked about it for years and get started in a great direction and then backslide. The problem is...the time is here. It's time for kids and my weight is nowhere I want it to be. I went to the doctor yesterday and basically the next few months are the last chance I've got to get a few pounds off before trying. I'm starting fresh today and am really going to try to do my best to take it one week at a time, one day at a time, and one hour at a time. I struggle with working out so you're at least doing great in staying active. I'm happy to work on dwindling down the 28/30 pounds together if you want to friend me. I definitely do better with friend.
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you getting help for your eating disorder? I know things like that are hard to kick by yourself.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You can't give up - you are doing this for you and you can't give up on you! we won't!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you were ready to give up, you would have given up already, and not posted this. I'm just sayin'...

I'm in total agreement with everyone who said to get help for the disordered thoughts, first and foremost.

Next, try less hard. Instead of being all balls to the wall with 150% motivation, start smaller. Treat it like you're remodeling a house, and take it room by room instead of trying to change everything at once. Make one small change, then add to it when that small change becomes habit. And you might find that small changes are all you need to do, anyway. You don't need a complete overhaul, just some minor tweaks.
  • hugalot28
    Options
    I can relate a little. I don't have a problem with purging but I definitely have a problem with emotional eating. I have a much larger number I want to lose but am definitely wanting to lose 30 before I start having children. I've talked about it for years and get started in a great direction and then backslide. The problem is...the time is here. It's time for kids and my weight is nowhere I want it to be. I went to the doctor yesterday and basically the next few months are the last chance I've got to get a few pounds off before trying. I'm starting fresh today and am really going to try to do my best to take it one week at a time, one day at a time, and one hour at a time. I struggle with working out so you're at least doing great in staying active. I'm happy to work on dwindling down the 28/30 pounds together if you want to friend me. I definitely do better with friend.

**************************************************************************************************************************************
    To the post above.....To encourage and offer to partner up with someone with an eating disorder to lose even more weight is not only ignorant in my opinion, but also very dangerous and concerning....What she needs is to seek therapy and a diatician who have training to help her overcome her ED, not someone offering to help her lose more weight :(
  • Ellyouseewhy
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been in hospital for most of my teen years and have more Or less ruined the relationship I have with my mother by exhausting her support and one day she said get better or I'll have you sectioned so I gained the weight through binging, I never recovered properly and I don't think I can, I'll have to live with it and try to manage it
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been in hospital for most of my teen years and have more Or less ruined the relationship I have with my mother by exhausting her support and one day she said get better or I'll have you sectioned so I gained the weight through binging, I never recovered properly and I don't think I can, I'll have to live with it and try to manage it

Just keep trying.....recovery is possible. I hope you are seeing a professional and your relationship improves with your mother. If you have been in the hospital for great lengths of time, you already have the tools, now work towards applying those tools. Best wishes for you. :flowerforyou:
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I am sorry you are feeling this way. Please look for a counselor who specializes in eating disorders to talk to. Healing our emotional scars is never easy, finding the right help is very important.

You can do this in a healthy way but if it is too much right now to focus on the weight loss, maybe stay away from the scale and focus on body recomposition, look into strength training. I know you want to be stronger this time so maybe that is a better focus than weight loss.

I am here if you need to talk.