Smart Ashes Wanted. Dumb Ashes Welcome, Too.

Options
Recently returned to the MFP fold after an extended absence. New username, new start, all that jazz. But I think what I missed most was interaction with others...people I look forward to hearing from and about. People who are funny, smart, observant, honest, and funny.

Yes, I said funny twice. Because funny is important, and if you can't laugh along the way, well, it's easy to lose your way. So add me if you love to laugh. Or, if your ego demands that I send the request, tell me to add you. I'm groovy with that.

But maybe you're not convinced. Maybe you need something that sparks an interest or a connection. So, a few random musings about things I find interesting.

Running. Er...slow jogging. I'm that guy at the back of the pack you get to pass on race day. You're welcome.
My Nike Fuel Band. Nice geeky toy, and I'm at about 1.1 million Nike Fuel points.
Beer. Yes, I track it. Mostly.
Cheesecake. No, I don't track it. Mostly.
Cooking. Big fan of skinnytaste.com.
Music. A lot of alt-rock/indie stuff, but a smattering of everything to show I'm all cool like that.

If any of that strikes you as interesting, great. If none of it does, that's great, too; I'm not looking for a clone of myself, so I love people who introduce me to other interests and activities.

Replies

• Everlearn
    Everlearn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Obviously, Brixton, you're one of those people who know the difference between their ashes and a hole in the ground.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    But what if I put my ashes IN a hole in the ground???
  • lisakay0x
    lisakay0x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    k - wait. So what do the dumb ashes do?
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    IN for ashes....

I'm an ash woman, myself... :drinker:
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You have stated Smart Ashes and even Dumb Ashes are welcomed, what about Good Ash and Bad Ash! (referring to Army of Darkness movie). Wish I knew how to put pics up. FAIL. Assuming ya knwo what I am referring to since ya said Groovy and what not but besides that welcome back to MFP, good luck with your goals!!! And maybe I dont get this Ash stuff, meh!!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My ash is shrinking like Mt. St. Helens in reverse. I'm not sure if that makes it dumb or smart.
  • Everlearn
    Options
    But what if I put my ashes IN a hole in the ground???

You have a memorial service.
  • Everlearn
    Options

They ask questions. :)
  • Last2bfirst
    Last2bfirst Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can not lie I like big ashes :-)
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options

They ask questions. :)

ANy question?
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have always been a smart ash with a big ash.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    What about ashy ashes ?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mn4bu3nA5k1so248no2_500_zps7dea5abf.gif
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Man! I have a lot of relatives! I am part of the ASH family too!! Jack is my brother!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Man! I have a lot of relatives! I am part of the ASH family too!! Jack is my brother!

My brother is a chimney sweep. He works his ASH off.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What would you do to the ash above you? Would you sniff it, lick it, blow it or just brush it off?
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Pleased to meet ya....Glad you are back.

(I am the not witty ash)
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Would you hold it against me if I told you that you have a nice ash?
    :flowerforyou:
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am recently back on MFP too! Broke my foot while running... so I guess that makes me a Broke Ash, Dumb Ash or Clutzy Ash... either way, I'm looking for some friendly, supportive, funny Ashes too - BUT NO CREEPY ASHES!! Friend me if you want, and if you don't... up your ash!