Middle Age Newby with 100 pounds to lose seeks friends!

Options
I am a 54 y.o. female with 100 + pounds to lose (currently 232 pounds, 5'5") and I hate exercise. I am seeking friends in the same situation. I'll support you if you'll support me, and we'll get through it together! Please add me. Thanks!

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi there... 43 yrs old and need to lose 100+ currently about 320 lbs...feel free to add me :)
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm Rebecca and my total weight loss goal is 109 pounds. Feel free to add me,anyone can.I'm always happy to add new friends.
  • GillSt555
    Options
    Hi I'm Gill, sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat. I am 52 and hope to lose over 100lbs. Will send through a friend request if you would like to add me.
  • LadyT_TNT
    Options
    I have no idea if I'm considered middle aged or not... but I'm classifying myself as such. I have 109lbs to go.... or thereabouts... I haven't been using this as much as I should so maybe friends will help?
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise too, i just walk al lot and look verry good at my meals
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent... always looking for new friend I that are in the same boat wanting to lose weight. Feel free to add me
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have well over 100 lbs to lose, feel free to add me.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me. I've lost 129lbs!
  • JonfromIndiana
    JonfromIndiana Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started out in 2012 with a goal to lose 100 pounds before I turned 50. I am male 5' 8" and was 263lbs. when I started. When I started, I decided to make small sacrifices and build on them. I gave up Diet Coke and started drinking only Water and Un-Sweetened Iced Tea. I started walking a few minutes each day, and have now built that to 5+ miles a day. The most important thing is to embrace the process. Everyone is different and will lose weight differently. Start slow and as you see what works for you,You can expand the process as you go. There are some great people on mfp and you will learn a lot, but there are also a lot of different opinions so don't get over-whelmed. Good Luck!!!!!
  • much2complicated
    much2complicated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi i'm also new, middle aged and have 100 to lose. while I do often dread exercising, once I get it done, i feel good and wonder why I dreaded doing it in the first place. looking forward to all the changes that come with changing my lifestyle....the more support the better...feel free to add me :)
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have over 100 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me!
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am almost 50 and have about 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • FabulousJasper
    FabulousJasper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm another newby in my early 40s and have nearly 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me too :)
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    Might be over the middle aged part (just don't feel it :happy: ) Almost 58 years old and struggling to get rid of 60 to 70 pounds. Please add me. Thanks
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask what middle age was, ha ha
    I am 42, cardio gal, anyone can add me.
  • lumikat
    lumikat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ok, i'm 46 and need lose about 20. it may not sound like a lot, but to see it on me, it is. i have just recently started to try to get back on track again. it's kinda hard because i don't have time to exercise that much. i started back in june of 2010 to eat right and stuff. i lost 35 pounds already but just can't seem to lose the rest. need support and friends.
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    54 yesterday...reached 100 lbs off yesterday. Not getting older just better
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lew, married dad of two soon to be three! I'm down 184 pounds in the last 14 months. My diary is open to friends and I comment all the time. Anyone is welcome to add me... except Becca... She's already my friend... Welcome and stick with it guys!
  • BrownKibbe
    BrownKibbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    48 years young, (I only feel 38!), married 20 yrs, 2 wonderful daughters, 85 lbs to lose and need all the support I can get! I'm hopeless at sticking to diets but started *feeling* the weight finally and knew I had to do something, so here I am.

Definitely not a rookie with the diet thing but just a little more determined this time.

Good luck to all and anyone can add me...I'll try to do what I can to encourage!

Kristi B.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Exercising gets better the more you do it. I was surprised when I woke up one day and wanted to work out. You really have to find something you like because the weight will come off so much faster if you do. You don't need to run marathons but you do have to move! I've lost 25 or so with another 25 to go. Let's support each other!