Bee Pollen- Try it!

Options
Bee pollen. What is it? Its just that! Pollen collected by bees, that they compact, and then it is harvested. I totally swear by it. It helps improve circulation, increase stamina, and fight illness and allergies. I love it! Read about it here http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/bee-pollen-benefits.html But, as with any supplement, ask your doc first!!

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Also- People with allergies to plants should take this supplement with caution; bee pollen could cause allergic reactions.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    And, if you are allergic to bee stings, you will be allergic to bee (anything) pollen.

Yep, I swear by it too. It gives you more energy & a more positive outlook (imho). I take it (eat it) every morning.
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the Eat Clean Diet book and Tosca uses it in her oatmeal. Tried that DISGUSTING! But have been reading benefits of it and having been meaning to add it to my protein shakes. I do have allergies but haven't seem to be worse the times I have eaten it. I bought mine from a local health store at $12.50/lb I bought $2.00 worth LOL
    Ive seen it online also. Where do you get yours?
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I know someone who owns/runs an apiary here, so I can get mine locally. I just take a small spoonful and swallow it with a drink of orange juice. I also give it to my kids. My daughter gets sick really easy, and I swear that she doesn't get sick when I remember to give her bee pollen. I have a cold right now, and I have been giving her bee pollen with the hope that it will help her immune system. I have been warned not to take it after 2 pm though, because you won't be able to sleep...?
  • tater8589
    Options
    Also- People with allergies to plants should take this supplement with caution; bee pollen could cause allergic reactions.

Honey from the local area works well too. I am unfortunately allergic year round to the state I have been stationed in... good thing I like honey :)

I will say I do have an allery to bee stings, but have never had a problem with honey or pollen, However-- my allery is minor (otc benedrill stops my reaction to sting, I don't need an epi pen And would not suggest someone who requires an epi pen take this risk)