Low Calorie/Clean Eating/No Weight Loss

Options
Hi Everyone,
I need your help! Any and all advice is much appreciated.

First of all, I'm 23, 5'7", 135-137lbs
I eat between 1000-1300 calories a day
Exercise 4-6x a week (Fitnessblender or Blogilates on youtube usually)

I started eating healthy and exercising back in March, but struggled with a restricting/binging eating disorder and didn't make much progress. Currently, I'm on week 6 of eating very clean/healthy and exercising regularly. My workouts are usually 1-1.5 hours. I do mostly strength training, dividing up lower body, upper body, abs and a little bit of cardio. Almost always burning 300-900 calories. I do sit at a desk all day, but make sure to move around every hour and drink plenty of water. When I was restricting I got down to 132 but quickly gained it back, and now I'm stuck at 135-137 and the scale WONT BUDGE...it's been 6-7weeks! I have however, lost a few inches in my waist this last month now that I've learned more about health/fitness. A smaller waist and more tone is great, but the scale is sooo discouraging. Anyway, can anyone give me advice on why I'm not losing weight? I'm desperate here.

My diet consists of usually: (I've recently cut out dairy and gluten for experimentation)
Breakfast: Egg whites and veggies (w/ salsa and hot sauce)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Steamed Veggies and grilled chicken or tuna (w/ mustard)
Snack: Raw veggies or banana/apple
Pre Workout Snack 5:00: (usually where I binge a little on gluten free beanitos or nuts) -I'm trying to cut this out completely
6-6:30- Workout
Dinner: Veggie/Egg White/Chicken Stir Fry

Any ideas here? Am I being too impatient? I feel like some weight should've been lost by now...
THANKS SO MUCH!

Replies

• miteyme
    miteyme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Might it be that you ARE reducing your fat, but are gaining an equal amount of muscle. This would be a very healthy situation. If so well done you. I would love to have better muscle tone and less flab.
  • debraye0262
    Options
    The scale is only one measure of how well you are doing. Your picture shows a fit young woman. Muscle weighs more than fat, if you are strenght training you may be changing your body, losing fat while adding muscle and the scale may not move (or you may gain weight). Find out your BMI, compare how your clothes are fitting to how they did previously. Compare health indicators; blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate.... I bet in the end when you stop only considering the scale you will discover that you are in a great place health wise. Keep up the good work!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If I was your weight and height I would be thrilled
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Might it be that you ARE reducing your fat, but are gaining an equal amount of muscle. This would be a very healthy situation. If so well done you. I would love to have better muscle tone and less flab.

She's not gaining muscle eating like a bird.

OP, you need to be eating more than that.
  • dubgirl03
    dubgirl03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you should focus more on the measurements than the weight. Perhaps you have unrealistic expectations for what is a healthy weight for you.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Clearly you are eating WAY too little! Exercising on just 1000-1300 calories is going to put your body in starvation mode. Slowly up your calories to the 1400-1600 range and make sure you are eating back your exercise calories. 1600 a day will still have you at a deficit and will allow you to keep losing.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    struggled with a restricting/binging eating disorder

It seems like you are still dealing with restricting your calorie intake. Maybe not to the extreme you were?

You definitely need to be eating more. You have to give your body fuel in order for it to work properly and do what it needs to do. You may want to consult a doctor or a nutritionist to assist with your calorie intake. I only say that because you said you are recovering. You may have already seen one, but they may be able to help if your concern is eating more would cause you to gain.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Multiple posts are frowned upon, by the way. It's against the Community Guidelines. But as noted in your other post:

You are 5'7 135lbs and trying to lose 15 more? And eating 1000-1300 cals.... Ummm......I think you should see a physician, a psychologist and work with a registered dietitian.

(the 15lb loss goal I got from OP's ticker.)

The other posts:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081096-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081099-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081088-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss?page=1#posts-16640126
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Multiple posts are frowned upon, by the way. It's against the Community Guidelines. But as noted in your other post:

You are 5'7 135lbs and trying to lose 15 more? And eating 1000-1300 cals.... Ummm......I think you should see a physician, a psychologist and work with a registered dietitian.

(the 15lb loss goal I got from OP's ticker.)

The other posts:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081096-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081099-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081088-low-calorie-clean-eating-no-weight-loss?page=1#posts-16640126

well bam.
    /thread
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 135 lbs? It's because you have very little extra fat to lose. Vanity lbs are always slow to come off.
  • gale1089
    gale1089 Posts: 67
    Options
    @joy_joy_
    @nomeejerome
    I didn't know, and I don't know how to delete the others.
    Just really wanted some advice and didn't know where to post.
    Thanks for the comments.