Buttercup Squash recipes

Options
taidasrictar
taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
my mother gave me 3 buttercup squash from her garden give me some good ideas for them :)

Replies

• taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I usually stuff them. My favorite is turkey sausage, onions, mushrooms all sauteed and then topped with parm and baked. Also really good with butter and brown sugar and baked. Making it into a soup- boil it with chicken broth, blend and add cinnamon, nutmeg, a little brown sugar, cayenne and greek yogurt. I don't measure things often, so i can only tell you to do it by taste. It's also good with apples! Good luck they are delicious!
  • lynnlc
    lynnlc Posts: 12
    Options
    I second butternut squash soup!! I make it by first sauteeing onions and garlic, then add chicken/veggie broth. Bring to a boil and add cubed butternut squash, cook until soft (will depend on the size of cubes). Puree with an immersion blender (or countertop blender, but do it in batches and be careful!). It is seriously delicious topped with sausage and goat cheese, but those are maybe not the healthiest additions... :)

Roasted butternut squash: cut into cubes and roast at 375 until brown around edges. I like to add a little salt, brown sugar, and a hefty dose of chipotle chili powder before baking to mine- but you can add whatever spices you want (Italian herbs, rosemary, black pepper, etc)

You can also treat it similar to sweet potatoes, and make mashed butternut squash- with a little butter, brown sugar, and your choice of spices (cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg)

Also, save those seeds and roast them in the oven- just like pumpkin seeds at Halloween!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options