Filling meals under 400 calories.

Options
Hey I have 405 calories left for the day, does anyone know some cheap, simple and really filling meals I can make for under 400 calories? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've blogged a couple of recipes here: http://www.idowhatiwantthor.com/

Feel free to check them out!
  • nadjam1234
    nadjam1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "Cheater" Chili

1 Cup kidney beans (including the juice from the can) (210 calories)
    3 Tbsp Salsa (30 calories

Heat in microwave

Sprinkle 1 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese (120 calories). Total: 360 calories

Easy to do, Totally filling and yummy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Omelette
    Vegetable soup
    Stir fry
    Steamed fish with veg
    015510378 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A stir-fry is always my go to for a low cal dinner! I buy the amoy straight to wok noodles (or similar prepackaged noodles) which are around 230 cals a pack, throw in some stir-fry veg (usually 40 cals a serving, or you can just add whatever veg you have in the house) and a handful of prawns (80 cals).
    You can use packets of sauce for flavour but I often just season with some 5 spice, ginger, garlic and soy sauce which is lower in calories.
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My go to meal when I want low calories would be chicken breast sprinkled with Mrs. Dash baked steamed green beans with and a sweet potato YUM
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "Cheater" Chili

Heat in microwave

How FUN is this. High in fiber, protein, low in $$$, prep time and calories. I'm going to do this with a quick spinach salad for my late workout nights when dinner isn't going to happen until 9 or 10 at night. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Shaan_12
    Shaan_12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me works very good---- 1 cup chicken breast meat cooked like a stew adding two tomatoes and yellow/green bell peppers, seasoned with black pepper powder, little salt and herbs! voila!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast chopped up and stir-fried with some kind of frozen mixed vegetables and whatever sauce you like that will still fit your goals. IE, chicken, oriental blend veg and teriyaki sauce, or chicken, Italian blend veg and marinara sauce, or chicken, any kind of veg at all some buffalo sauce (which is even better mixed with plain greek yogurt). If you have extra calories, add a small serving of rice or pasta or cheese.

Also realize that you'll still be in a calorie deficit if you go over your calorie goal, so don't drive yourself batty trying to stay under 405 calories.
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make a "loaded sweet potato":

Large Sweet Potato-120 cals
    Dark Leafy greens-20cals
    black beans- 110
    salsa-20 cals
    1 tbsp mayo (I use a vegan kind, about 35 cal)

total= 305 calories!

just bake the sweet potato in the micorwave, heat up the beans, and smush it all together!
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    "Cheater" Chili

Heat in microwave

How FUN is this. High in fiber, protein, low in $$$, prep time and calories. I'm going to do this with a quick spinach salad for my late workout nights when dinner isn't going to happen until 9 or 10 at night. Thanks for sharing!!!

This is an amazing quick, cheap and healthy meal! A little chili powder instead of salsa would also work.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have many low calorie filling meals, but my favorite is:

I saute onion and garlic in about a half a tablespoon of olive oil until tender. I stir in about 3 ounces of diced chicken breast and a half cup diced tomatoes. Then I toss in an ounce of feta cheese and 3 - 4 cups of fresh spinach leaves. I cook until the cheese melts and the spinach wilts.

It has less than 400 calories and so much goodness!!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The chicken is already cooked.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    A stir-fry is always my go to for a low cal dinner!

THIS! I actually made it last night. I used the recipe from the July Cooking Light. With the few tweaks I made, 1 cup of stir fry and 1/2 cup of brown rice was around 275 calories! You would have enough calories left for dessert!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I nice 6 oz. filet mignon and a homemade crab cake.