Nausea in the evenings from increased exercise?

Options
For the past month I've been doing way more cardio then typical. in the past I was getting a 20/30min run during the week and some strength training. Now I started commuting by bike to work so I'm up to about 1 1/2 hours of cardio 4x a week. I maintain a fairly strenuous pace when biking since I'm usually late to work : / Once a week I take a kickboxing class in addition the ride. About a week or two in to the new routine I started getting nausea every night. I didn't connect to exercise until I took a week vacation and it went away. I started back up on my kickboxing night. Is this normal? Does anyone know why this could be happening or anything I can eat/drink/do to prevent it?

Thanks for the Help!
Suzanne

Replies

• wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I know from experience that if your adrenals are fatigued, you can overexercise and strain them to the point of feeling sick.

Hope you find an answer soon.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    What is your food like? I used to get nauseous when I worked out and was watching my carbs - also if I couldn't eat soon after my workout I would feel a little sick.
  • stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of carbs. Lots of fruit. I'm a bit low on protein. I try to add as much as I can but usually come out under suggested.
  • stacksue
    stacksue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Why i find it weird is that it's not immediately after working out but more like an hour or 2 later.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It does sound like it may be adrenal-related. Here's a good site to check out regarding that.

http://www.schwarzbeinprinciple.com/pgs/home.html#

I recommend her book, The Schwarzbein Principle II

You can find it pretty cheap on half.com, or you can usually just borrow from the library.

Following TSP will help your metabolism heal so you will lose extra weight (eventually) and keep it off.