lost 6.6 lbs body fat gained 5 lbs muscle

Options
so after 2 weeks of diet and exercise i lost 6.6 lbs body fat gained 5 lbs muscle and didnt lose any muscle thank god but sadly did
nt lose much of a whole body weight on scale only like 1.5 pounds.

and my question is how long i would gain muscle until it stops and start losing the whole body weight on scale?

any opinion would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It isn't even theoretically possible to add 5 pounds of muscle in two weeks. If by "diet" you mean "caloric deficit", the odds are high that you gained less than zero muscle.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It isn't even theoretically possible to add 5 pounds of muscle in two weeks. If by "diet" you mean "caloric deficit", the odds are high that you gained less than zero muscle.

diet and exercise of course
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    You're fooling yourself.

Or trolling.
  • sabrekism
    Options
    just looking for an answer mate sorry if i bothered u in anything
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    so after 2 weeks of diet and exercise i lost 6.6 lbs body fat gained 5 lbs muscle and didnt lose any muscle thank god but sadly did

and my question is how long i would gain muscle until it stops and start losing the whole body weight on scale?

Must be using a whole lot of gear to achieve such results
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    First cycle or not?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Impressive. I can't distinguish the two on the scale!
  • sabrekism
    Options

Must be using a whole lot of gear to achieve such results

im 312 lbs and 5'6 and as the personel trainer said its very normal since i didnt exercise for ages and the sleeping muscle as he call it starting to wake up .

but my main question is how long till the "muscle waking up" or muscle toning stops and we start to burn the rest of weight
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Calipers are not accurate at your bf%
  • TammyBaer
    TammyBaer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard not to focus on the number on the scale. But trust your trainer, stay true to your clean diet and it will happen. Your body will be redistributing the weight and may be in shock if you made a drastic change in diet and exercise. Don't give up. Good things don't happen overnight!
  • sabrekism
    Options
    I know it's hard not to focus on the number on the scale. But trust your trainer, stay true to your clean diet and it will happen. Your body will be redistributing the weight and may be in shock if you made a drastic change in diet and exercise. Don't give up. Good things don't happen overnight!

indeed ur right...i think i worry too much.

going to gym now to kick tales and take names !! :D

thx guys <3
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    but my main question is how long till the "muscle waking up" or muscle toning stops and we start to burn the rest of weight

Your trainer is either BSing you or doesn't know what (s)he is doing - there is nothing to "stop" because the muscle gain never started.

I'm not trying to be an *kitten*, mate, just pointing out the obvious because the more accurate the picture you have, the better your long term results are going to be. Not many things are more damaging to meaningful change than feel-good fairytales, which (from your description) is exactly what your trainer is feeding you.

Good luck!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You're not paying this person, are you?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Swelling muscles ....ok

Gaining muscle mass........no way
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yea, no.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

So, just so I'm clear, you lost 6.6 lbs of body fat and gained 5 lbs of muscle. In 2 weeks and on a calorie deficit. You're 312 lbs and 5'6".

I'm not sure if your trainer is telling you something to try and keep you motivated or doesn't understand how the human body works. I mean, I've heard of newbie gains, but these numbers just seem a bit off to me.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Swelling muscles ....ok

Gaining muscle mass........no way
    ^ That. Your LBM increased cos you're full of water.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This