Inner Things Exercises

Options
Lets just say THUNDER THIGHS. Losing weight but not in the inner thighs. My legs still rub together and I am not even that huge. Need some exercises that will tighten in there for at home. I was thinking leg lifts but will they target that area? Meaning lying on my side and lifting my leg up. Then turning on the other side and repeating the other leg.

any other suggestions?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Use an exercise ball. Lay flat on your back, legs up in the air. Place the ball in between your legs, between the knees and the upper thighs. Push the ball together. Do 2 to 3 sets of those, 16 per set. That is what my friend taught me, she is a personal trainer.
    I hope this works for you.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction does not exist. :(

Just keep working out hard doing what you are already doing, or increase the intensity if you hit a plateau. Keep your nutrition on track, and the body fat will come off.

I wish that we could remove it from wherever we choose, but it just doesn't happen that way. If it did, I wouldn't have a kangaroo pouch anymore.

Wish someone would have mentioned this to me before I started killing myself with crunches, the Ab Circle, and all sorts of other weird ab thingy ma-bobbers that didn't flatten it out.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Riding bike. We go for bike rides as a family usually at least 3 times a week from 30-60 min a shot. depends on where we go, and how late, since we do this afterwork. the first place I notice a change, was my inner thighs. And I have huge thighs. Not sure if they will ever go away, since it seems to run in the family. But there is a huge improvement, just in 2 months.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    What Lyadela said. You can't spot treat fat. Just keep working hard. :smile:
  • nroesler
    Options
    Ya, no spot reducing!! Cardio, cardio and more cardio.

BUT...if you are looking for a great way to tone the muscle that is there I love this exercise (eventhough it's kind of hard to explain) here goes...
    get a resistance band and grab the two ends in your hands
    place your feet (in runners) on top of the band on the ground
    now switch the end of the bands in your hands so it creates an X in front of you
    pull tight
    now side step L-R then R-L
    I do a couple of sets of 20.....try it out, it kicks my inner and outer thigh everytime
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Just keep working out hard doing what you are already doing, or increase the intensity if you hit a plateau. Keep your nutrition on track, and the body fat will come off.

I wish that we could remove it from wherever we choose, but it just doesn't happen that way. If it did, I wouldn't have a kangaroo pouch anymore.

Wish someone would have mentioned this to me before I started killing myself with crunches, the Ab Circle, and all sorts of other weird ab thingy ma-bobbers that didn't flatten it out.

So what? I'm just gonna have a belly for the rest of my life, no matter how much weight I lose? That sure is depressing. How do people get flat bellies at all then? How do you know when it's possible for you or when you are just genetically predetermined to have a belly, even when you are fit. I thought that if I ate right and did the right exercises, I would be virtually guaranteed "flat" abs.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    Use an exercise ball. Lay flat on your back, legs up in the air. Place the ball in between your legs, between the knees and the upper thighs. Push the ball together. Do 2 to 3 sets of those, 16 per set. That is what my friend taught me, she is a personal trainer.

I lead an exercise class on wed nights at my church and i just had them do this last night. I added oblique crunches with it....
  • Brat3073
    Options

I lead an exercise class on wed nights at my church and i just had them do this last night. I added oblique crunches with it....
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    As others have already said, you have to reduce your overall body fat. However, Debbie Siebers does a great job working all the muscles in the legs on Slim in 6. Check it out and ask me if you have any questions. I'm in my 6th week of doing it. :)
  • Lyadeia
    Options

So what? I'm just gonna have a belly for the rest of my life, no matter how much weight I lose? That sure is depressing. How do people get flat bellies at all then? How do you know when it's possible for you or when you are just genetically predetermined to have a belly, even when you are fit. I thought that if I ate right and did the right exercises, I would be virtually guaranteed "flat" abs.

You misunderstood what I wrote. :)

Because you can't tell your body where you want the fat to come off of you, the best thing to do to get that flat belly of anything else we all want is to just keep up with a balanced diet in conjunction with some exercise that you know is helping you reduce your body fat.

While we can't spot reduce, proper nutrition and exercise will make the body fat come off of us. The different exercises that people do to "tone" certain parts are not reducing the fat. The exercises are strengthening the muscle.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options

You misunderstood what I wrote. :)

Because you can't tell your body where you want the fat to come off of you, the best thing to do to get that flat belly of anything else we all want is to just keep up with a balanced diet in conjunction with some exercise that you know is helping you reduce your body fat.

While we can't spot reduce, proper nutrition and exercise will make the body fat come off of us. The different exercises that people do to "tone" certain parts are not reducing the fat. The exercises are strengthening the muscle.

Oh ok. phew. Sorry if I sounded snippy, I was just panicking a little. I guess I don't know too much about fitness, but I'm learning! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist/trainer wa just telling me the other day that walking on a treadmill at 3.0 incline 15 will really slim your thighs. He has me do the following routine and it kicks butt.

1 min 3.0 mph at 15 incline - do this while holding a medicine ball with both hands and lifting it straight abouve your head. Hold it up there for the whole min.

then - rest the medicine ball on the treadmill and reduce incline to 8. recover here for 45 seconds.

Repeat this for 30-40 min. You will get a great leg workout and also a great upper body workout, thus making you burn more calories.

He also said if you don't have access to a treadmill, to run hills. Run up a hil for as long as you can, then walk down, repeat for 30-45 min.

Good Luck.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    That's OK, sorry if my first post was confusing. It's the end of my work day and I am ready to go home and do my cardio, lol. :)