30+ Ladies, PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Need Friends.

Options
SmarTam
SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
Hi All,

My name is SmarTam and I live in Sydney. I moved to Australia in 2010 and gained a lot of weight. I have been on MFP since MArch this year but did not know about the forums. IT is great a have found a sense of community among similar minded people. I would like to make friends who can encourage and motivate me. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism and my weight loss is really slow. So I would like some friends who have been successful in fighting these disorders and help me keep the weight off. Others are welcome too!

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, have PCOS and I agree very slow weight loss. It's been 20 months and I've only lost 58 out of the 100 lbs I need to get rid of. I just keep trying and never give up!
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey this title is me... add me! :drinker:
  • AJ_Muffin
    AJ_Muffin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Ulcerative Colitis, amongst other things. Since May this year I've lost 32lbs so far. Friend request sent :)
  • ErinCoury
    ErinCoury Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have RA, PCOS and Hypothyrodism as well. I just am put on 2000mg of Metformin. I'm willing to be friends with anyone who think they can help me stay on the straight and narrow!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    37yrs old and Hypo here feel free to add me...100mcg of levothyroxine
  • skchilders
    skchilders Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm only 25 but I feel ya on the PCOS. Feel free to add! Support is the only way!
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 27, I don't have PCOS but I have all the symptoms (insulin resistance is killing my life). I also live in Sydney and for the past 12 months have been on the weight loss journey. I've lost 20kg but each and every kilo was a struggle as I battle the insulin resistance cycle.

Feel free to friend me on here.
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello, I am not 30+ I am almost 25 but I have PCOS and IR. It is rough losing weight, but you can do it! I started 05/01/2013 and I have lost 21 pounds, but that was because I stopped everything I was doing due to a scare of breast cancer for 3 weeks and ate like no other. I am doing a low carb diet, no more than 75 carbs a day, and if I do go past that it is no more than 100. I stay away from processed sugars, and keep my sugar intake less than 20 per day from veggies and fruit, but sometimes I can go over but no more than 25. I do nothing that is WHITE, like pasta, rice, potatoes, and bread. I have been staying away from bread at all cost. I drink between 6-10 glasses of water a day sometimes more. If I decide to do a diet soda I drink 4 8 oz. of water to a diet coke.

If you need help with motivation, or a friend to talk PCOS with I have sent a Friend request add me.
  • nikki6_2002
    nikki6_2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just discovered these forums! I am 36 for another few weeks anyway and have PCOS, Type II diabetes and am trying to get back into shape after having my 3rd child (3 years ago but I took my time to realise how uhealty I was getting).

Nice to meet you all :)
  • toadoftoadhall
    toadoftoadhall Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 32 and have pcos and IR, sending you a friend request now.
    Pip