Activity level...??

Options
skchilders
skchilders Posts: 20 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm struggling to decide if I'm sedentary or lightly active. I have a desk job, but I get up to walk during two 15-minute breaks and some during lunch, and I'll go out of my way to get to the printer/copier, etc. I've usually walked 3 miles by the time I leave work at 5. Then I'm usually at the gym for 45-60 minutes and average 6 miles of walking per day (including gym time). I'm just unsure of how to set my activity level on here...any opinions??

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I went with Sedentary.... Then added my exercise on the side. But I don't do the same thing every day.
  • swuffysmom
    Options
    To my way of thinking, you are definitely NOT sedentary. That's a lot of exercise. You just have breaks in between.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would go with Sedentary and then add in your activity. So on those days where you might not do as much you're covered :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to decide if I'm sedentary or lightly active. I have a desk job, but I get up to walk during two 15-minute breaks and some during lunch, and I'll go out of my way to get to the printer/copier, etc. I've usually walked 3 miles by the time I leave work at 5. Then I'm usually at the gym for 45-60 minutes and average 6 miles of walking per day (including gym time). I'm just unsure of how to set my activity level on here...any opinions??

Thats either active or light active.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If you start at lightly active, or sedentary, and then log your exercise, it will credit you with extra calories anyway. For example, a 15 minute break, walking for say 12 of those minutes, log in the cardio as 12 minutes of walking.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My Opinion: Start at Sedentary - if you lose to much then bump it up a notch
This discussion has been closed.