Late nite snacking help

Jess0218
Jess0218 Posts: 138
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi MFPals. I need some good ol advice. My hubby is a cop who works late hours. I've grown custom to his late nite shifts so im up til 2am usually. While waiting for him to get home im watchin tv and my weight loss goals seem to be hindered on some nites by noshin on everything. Chips, hard pretzels, apples, candy, bubble gum. etc. I try so hard not to eat anything after 9pm but then a good show comes on at like 11pm and Im wanting a snack and seem to give in. I drink nothing but water all the time anyways so when I try to drink more to keep me from eating it doesnt help. I know it's a mind game im sure but was wondering if there is anything that if i had to snack doesnt contain any calories or at least wouldnt be too bad for me. Or if anyone has any "mind game tricks" hahaha to psyche myself into NOT eating at nite...im open to all suggestions. Thanks for your support! God Bless!

Replies

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    hi there i'm also a late night snacker! well, not really "late night", but more "after dinner". just can't seem to stop! but someone gave me a tip last week that has helped... now i brush my teeth when i am done eating for the day (usually right after dinner, but if i eat early dinner, then sometimes i'll have a snack around 7:30 or so). once my teeth are brushed, nothing sounds quite so appetizing, and i never want to have to back and re-brush before bed. it's been working for me! :) hope it helps you!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I work (normally...not this week, lol) third shift and I am a cop, so I know how it goes. :)

My late night snacks include cottage cheese with berries, protein shakes, a handful of almonds, a graham cracker with a little peanut butter and cinnamon...

If I am really hungry, I have "breakfast" foods like an egg white omelet with spinach and tomatoes. (obviously, that is for my days OFF work)

I don't even have things like chips or pretzels in the house. Cause if they are there, I will eat them. So I completely cut them out of my grocery list.
  • Thanks so much everyone! Definitley will take each tip. And as for not buyin them...I can do that too! I found that if I dont have it im usually to lazy to go out and buy it so I just do w/out. haha thanks again!:smile:
  • Veggies,
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Green peppers ect with dip
This discussion has been closed.