too much?

Options
my college offers a zumba class at 5:50 am do you think as a college student getting up and going three days a week would leave me out of energy by the end of the day if i cant go to bed early? Worth a try you think?

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome. u have nothing to lose by trying it.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you're getting up earlier, you should go to bed earlier the night before. If that's not an option, I'd say skip the Zumba.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. Being a college student is not strenuous...it's not like you'd be going to sling heavy boxes at UPS or got stand on your feet for 10 hours straight at a factory or something. You'll just be going to class, walking across campus and such. Try it for a week or so and see how you feel.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would say try it and see! Make sure you get to bed early the night before, and listen to your body, if you feel yourself starting to run down or have a hard time keeping focus throughout the day cut back or stop them.

I tried working midnights in college and then going to an early morning dance class...after about 3 weeks I had to quit my part time job because I just took on too much. As long as you balance everything and get enough rest you should be good :smile:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Do you have to commit to the full semester?
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It might be a bit of a tough adjustment to begin with but after a while you may find you have more energy.. I get up at 3.10am for the gym and granted I am usually asleep by 9pm I find by the end of the week I am not a zombie like I used to be when overwieght and eating crap all the time..