I can't help myself...

Options
So I decided not to eat lunch today so I can completely pig out on chinese food tonight. I know this is bad and all, but I kind of don't care at the moment. I really want some boneless spare ribs!

Anyone have any better ideas for days like this?

Replies

• registerednut
    Options
    Well if you must have it, eat small portions of it so you can get it out of your system... drink lots of water and if time permits work out. I have been there but it is ok to do it just not all the time.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Rather than skip a meal, add some exercise. I do a brisk walk at lunch every day I can. It affords me more exercise cals to indulge from time to time. If I don't exercise, I know my options will be more limited later that same day. I know that sounds tough - it used to to me. Now I'm a walker who's been brainwashed!! :-)
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I have a bad day EVER week. Doing this, it tricks your body because if you eat healthy all the time it will store all the fat it can because it knows its not getting any by pigging out one day a week your body thinks it is still getting fat and removes it. Drink lots of WATER on bad days!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you gotta do what you gotta do:) sounds like you will minimize the impact. You know you, but sometimes it's better to do small brekafast and lunch, 300 cals, and then you might not be as apt to over-do it on dinner, like you might go way over thinking you've earned it. Maybe have some soup and keep your bbq spare ribs to a reasonable portion.
  • taosan
    taosan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling but skipping lunch was a bad idea. Rather have a super-healthy raw veggies lunch, it'll level you out a bit and you won't have at the ribs all starved out. A healthy measure of fiber will also slow down fat absorption in your intestines. So next rib night I'd consider filling up on carrots, peppers and sprouts at lunch ;)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What helps me if you are going to give in is to enjoy and savor every second of it and decide beforehand the duration of time in which you will not allow yourself to do it again AND stick to that commitment.

I will have a chocolate bar about once a month. (would have more often, but the saturated fat just guilts me too much, lol). When I have it, I enjoy the heck out of it, lol.
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    When I know I am going to have a killer dinner through out the day I eat I just eat light. I will have a fruit salad for breakfast and a salad (no cheese/egg/bacon) with fat free dressing for lunch. Then if I have time I try to hit the gym for 30 minutes quick minutes on the treadmill. I am lucky at my gym they have early classes that I can make before dinner and those are my first choice. Anyways enjoy your dinner! YUMMY!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Best drink double the water - SODIUM alert!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing 2 nights ago. I was getting soooo tired of watching what I eat everyday. I needed a break. I ate to a minimum all day and then ate the thing I craved for dinner. OK it wasn't the best idea but I got the craving out of my system and now I feel good to go with my healthier eating plan again. It was a much needed break for me. I still stayed within my calorie goals. But ate a more fatty meal than I've had in a long time.

So sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.