Cutting, maintaining, bulking

Options
I know this could go into a few different catagories but they really go together. So I get a lot of questions about cutting, maintaining, and bulking. You could also loosely apply losing and gaining weight. But this really applies to weight lifting. First of all you need to decide what your goal is. Rule one...you cant cut and bulk at the same time. Rule two...you have to buy into the decission. Esp bulking. This is where I see the most problems. Ppl dont want to get fat...wtf? So what happens is they cut calories while bulking. Tjis sounds stupid but ppl do it all the time. In order to get bigger and stronger you need 3 things...heavy weight I.e. 3-5 sets at 5 reps. This isnt some bull**** weight. This is 5 reps each time...my heads gonna pop if I do one more rep...weight. You need to do 3-4 different excercises and focus on one muscle group per day. Next you MUST gave rest days and sleep good at night. At night is when HGh, testosterone, and other critical hormones are made from cholesterol...this is why supressing cholesterol via statins is bad, not to mention the other terrible sid effects...ok..ok off that soap box. Get your sleep man or you won't grow bigger or stronger, the good **** is released in REM sleep. Last you must eat a **** load of food. Double and even tripple your maintenance cals. This is where ppl trip. Listen, you must stay anabolic (growing) or you will not get bigger or stronger. If you don't eat enough you become catabolic (breaking down your own protein aka muscle). This is particularly true post workout. Eat like crazy and eat a **** load of carbs. If you cant get over this you will NEVER get bigger or stronger. Lift heavy, rest and get good sleep, eat a **** load of food you will get muscular and strkng...I promise. I do this for 6-10 weeks. It needs to be long enough to get real and sustainable gains. Macros on this for me are something like C55 p35, f10-15

Next comes cutting. We gained a lil fluff because we made sure to error on the side of too many cal in order to stay anabolic and not become catabolic. So now carbs are not your friend. In fact they are the devil. Stay the **** away from them...get it? The fine tuning comes down to goals once again. So for me im looking to retain mass that I just worked soooo hard for. Im gonna say this once... in the cutting or weight loss mode diet is 80% of the battle. Did I mention those ****ing carbs? So if you want to keep mass you have to lift heavy still. Im gonna increase my reps to 8-10 take less breaks and even run couplets (two excercises going at the same time). Keep the heart rate up is the point. Im gonna train each muscle group once per week and cardio 3-4x a week for 20-30 min. Intense cardio. Please remember all of the excercises im talking about are max efforts. Don't even bother if youre a half asser. Any how this is not a starvation mode. In this mode its about protein. Eat as much protein as you want. Trust me you will get full before you kill yourself or harm your kidneys on protein. But one thing is stay away from suplements if you can...the **** is just that...****. ppl get rich because ppl dont want to stick to the program or cook. The menu is simple meat, fruits in moderation, veggies, and nuts. Do this untill you reach the desired results. Macros C30 P50 F20

Maintainance- Now you did all this ****...its time to cruise and coast. You look good. You're strong...you're a ****in beast. Now enjoy the benefits. In this phase once again diet is 80% After bulking and cutting, I hope you know how your body reacts to carbs, protein, and fats. If not...you are a moron. So now once again, it comes down to your goals. Im a crossfiter so I want to still lift heavy 2 days per week and do crossfit workouts 2-3x per week. So im going to do something called carb back loading. Im going to not eat any carbs except 3/4 cup oatmeal and a piece of fruit all day. Then I will eat carbs only post workout. How many carbs I eat is dependent upon how heavy and intense my workout was. So light workout...light carbs. Moderate workout....moderate carbs. Heavy workout...heavy carbs. No workout...you got it...no ****in carbs! This system is not good for women because of estrogen and the way it increases carb water retention. So I would suggest a tweaking of the ketogenic diet. Add in some milk and othrr things you can tolerate. Unfortunatly women have to avoid carbs as much as possible. This maintanance phase is dependent on what your goals and excerise prog are. If you want to lift weights and workout very intensely, you need carbs or you will bonk.

I hope this helps. I did this on my phone. Sorry for any grammatic or spelling errors. Please feel free to add. And ask any questions, msg me, or add me as a friend. Results dont lie. Check out my pics. Go hard or don't go at all. Diet is 80%. **** the scale. How do you look and how do you feel. Are you reaching your goals? Wtf are your goals? You can't cut and bulk at the same time. Pick a program and stick to it. Did I mention go HARD!?!

~Peace

Replies

• the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Nice post man, but I think you should have put in in the nutrition portion of the site....
  • mister_Big
    Options
    Thx bro. Will do.
  • ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ...heavy weight I.e. 3-5 sets at 5 reps. This isnt some bull**** weight. This is 5 reps each time...my heads gonna pop if I do one more rep...weight.

5 reps ?? only 3-5 sets for a workout??

I wouldn't even get a pump doing that, just a warm up maybe...the only time i would do 5 reps in a set is at the top of a pyramid set.

Sounds like power lifting style to me...
  • mister_Big
    Options
    Do you read bro? Its a bulking program. So yup...power lifting. Look at you...then look at me....
  • ajv1985
    Options
    Do you read bro? Its a bulking program. So yup...power lifting.

my opinion is that body building style, moderate weight higher reps will yeild more muscle mass than power lifting style, heavy *kitten* weight low reps.

yes i do read, and to each their own. whatever works for you is what is important.
  • ajv1985
    Options
    Do you read bro? Its a bulking program. So yup...power lifting. Look at you...then look at me....

Oh i see, you think you're in awesome shape...i dont see anything special there chief and iam looking at you and then looking at me hahaha
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump.. too much info for sleepy brain
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great information on bulking and cutting - thanks!