Positive motivator needed

Options
Hello, all. I'm new here to MFP. My failures in the past has been mostly due to lack of motivation. I want to stay committed this time because I am seriously overweight and know I need to get my health under control. I know it's not easy, so I'm asking for all positive advice and encouragement any of you are willing to offer. I need to start off with low-impact exercise; so if yoiu have any suggestions on something that works, please let me here from you. I'm looking forward to this journey with MFP. :bigsmile:

Replies

• amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm a Team Beachbody Coach. I could help you with the positive motivation and help you find an exercise, if you want.

I've lost 60 lbs so far since April 2013
  • gwatkins254
    Options
    Thank you. I'm ready whenever you are, and looking forward to it.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    HI!
    I love it here - the community is amazing!!! They lift you up on the frustrating days!!!! They have all been very encouraging...
    feel free to add me im here all the time and have been known to motivate... :bigsmile:
  • jbjab
    jbjab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had 67# to lose. I f you think of it this way, you'll just cry. I wrote up a chart. When I went from 213# to 199#, I bought a pair of earrings I wanted. When I broke 190#, I bought a movie I wanted. Break it down to small victories and reward yourself to a nonfood treat (a pedicure, a day of sleeping in, whatever)
    Also, take the exercise a bit at a time. When I first started a 50ft trip to the end of the driveway was the ultimate torture....now a 5 mile walk is invigorating. And remember, housework (chasing dustbunnies is exercise) . Mowing lawn with a gas powered push mower burns 300 cal/hr
    You do need to weigh and measure stuff... (I cried when I had my first "real portion spaghetti" because it looked sad compared to what I was used to), but now days you can eat real food (not bunny food) I can give you hints that worked for me!
  • melanieb8273
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well... I try to give as much motivation as I can and be as active on here as I can. I am trying this again and have about 50-60 pounds to lose. Anyone can add me if they like
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What's working for me is setting realistic goals... and reminding myself that this is a journey for life (permanent). If you can accept that....you have won half the battle.

Also, great friends on MFP :)

Good luck :)
  • peachy1717
    peachy1717 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)
    I have a lot of weight to lose too, and I've struggled with motivation in the past too. This time though, I feel steadfast and solid- I'm going to lose this weight once and for all! I found taking it a couple pounds at a time (my first goal: lose 5 pounds), and rewarding yourself a long the way, like others have said.
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!

I am wearing a Fitbit Flex and it is very motivational to me. I like checking my stats and seeing it on my wrist reminds me to at least get my steps in. Doing that is surprisingly motivational for me -- I have a TON of weight to lose (over 100 #) so I am very glad that something is working. Its been a real struggle for me!