Hi, anyone else doing 5:2?

Options
Hi, I've been following the 5:2 diet for a year but recently found it hard going, with the various other difficulties life seems to throw at me! I've just signed up to MFP to try and get going again. Would love to hear if there are any other 5:2ers out there!

Replies

• jmg9656
    jmg9656 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I did it in the spring, and really liked it. Unfortunately, summer schedule and menu's made it hard to stick with it, and now I'm having a hard time getting back into a routine. But, we love the diet -- it seems to work and is simple enough, in theory. I have been trying all week to get at least one fast day. I'm hoping for tomorrow.
  • jmg9656
    Options
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for the past week and a half. Tomorrow will be my 3rd fast day. I finally broke thru a 3 month maintenance, so I am happy with it so far.
  • jmg9656
    Options
    When I do fast, I try to (1) eat high protein (greek yogurt, tuna, chicken), (2) avoid fast food altogether, and (3) wish I could avoid diet coke, but I only have so much diligence! LOL.

Mosley doesn't recommend consecutive fast days. He says he fasts on Monday (the weekend is over) and Thursday (getting ready for the weekend).

Progresso Light soups are good fasting foods. Dannon Light & FIt greek yogurts are excellent -- high protein and less than 100 calories.

Otherwise, we haven't been very creative with meals, and I think that is one of the things in my way of being successful -- boredom.
  • alibabs65
    Options
    I just started the 5:2 diet this week. I'm doing Monday and Thursday so this is my second fast day and tucking into a big bowl of strawberries. I like it so far as you don't need to count calories every single day and I can treat myself at the weekend :-)
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I really want to give this a go, I think it would fit into my routine and I can have them days when I have my days off from work.
  • staceysmyname
    staceysmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is something I just learned about tonight---and i want to start Monday! It make sense to me and exactly what I need to do. I think Monday and Thursdays will be my days. I just don't know how I will do it with family dinners. I wish I had someone to do it with, my husband wouldn't do it I think.

If anyone wants to do the 5:2 together and support each other add me as a friend.
  • tiffanyalther
    tiffanyalther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really want to give this a go, I think it would fit into my routine and I can have them days when I have my days off from work.

I really want to try this too. Haha but I think my fast days would be better on days I am working... I can't imagine not eating while at home all day
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 5:2 for 4 weeks and have lost 8lbs. I love that it is so flexible, can't do Monday, do Tuesday instead, cant do 5:2 one week, that's ok do 6:1. No pills, supplements, or shakes. I only wish my husband could see the science. He scoffs and calls it "that internet diet" That is ok, I will be skinny and he will still be fat. Feel free to add me, but I only log on fast days.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi there folks!

There's 2 groups for 5:2 on here -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8628-5-2-diet
    and
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

Come and join us - plenty of ideas, suggestions, and most importantly support!
  • nettenettenette
    nettenettenette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just started do the 5:2 along side my fitness pal anyone feel free to add me as a friend
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    Newbie At IF
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have been following this plan since April 2013 and am now at maintenance. I can't recommend it enough to each one of you beginning your journey. Good luck to you all. Oh yes, and join the two 5:2 groups if you want a ton of support. They are both great groups.