Better Breakfast?

Options
As it stands... I'm obsessed with pb&j's. :embarassed: Since I was a child. I am very ocd about having them everyday, or the whole day is ruined. Well, they have become my breakfast. But I can't help but feel my breakfast should be better.

I know its the most important meal, yet the one everyone doesn't try well on. whether it be breakfat shakes, granola bars, a peice of fruit, a donut, (a pb&j) or nothing at all. people largely fail to eat a good breakfast. these should be themain calories for our day, its our first main source of fuel.

So, I can always fit a half a pbj in somewhere, but what fairly quick good things are there to eat? I'm not great at healthy food. I have read you need to eat in the first 30 mins of waking though.

anyone care to share their breakfasts? or have any ideas?:happy:

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    I picked up some of the kelloggs fiber plus bars. I'm not a good breakfast eater, can't eat for a couple of hours usually. But I can take the bars with me to work, or anywhere if I think I might need a snack. ... I too am interested in some other breakfast ideas, for me grab and go.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I love pbj for breakfast, but since starting this I have found that the pb is way too fattening for me right now. I will never truely give it up but I started putting just a tiny bit of pb on a bagel thin or on two slice of toasted whole wheat bread with about a tb of jelly and I dont feel guilty because it is around 120 calories and I still get my fix. it is enough breakfast but I usually dont eat until I have been up about an hr because if I eat too early I run out of calories during the day! I have hypoglycemia and I have to eat often and early depending on what I ate for dinner. Hope this helps, just fit it in and make it work for you. I refuse to eat low fat peanut butter, sorry but I think it is yucky!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars and the Quaker Oatmeal to Go Bars. They compliment my palate nicely with a protein shake.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh and the slimfast bars are good also, they did a study and they are nutritionally sound even though most people dont think so. easy in a pinch.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I fully recommend oatcakes with peanut butter and sliced apple/ grapes or berries. I have 3 every morning at 248 cals, and it keeps me going :o)
  • amscobra
    Options
    You could always stick the peanut butter in a shake, not sure about the jelly though ha. Maybe a low fat bagel with pb&j on it? I love those Fiber one Muffins right now. They have this chocolate chip and banana flavor that's yum. they are in my freezer adn i just pop it in for like 10 seconds to heat up and off i go. :-D
  • heyjude78
    Options
    I'm a fan of eggs/egg whites in the morning. Leaves me full for a while.

1) Mixed precut bell peppers and egg whites
    2) Egg overeasy on toast with some avocado

Plain non-fat yogurt is also great in the morning with some chopped apples and cinnamon =oP
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    I love to eat peanut butter toast with sugar free raspberry jelly. I will put 1/2 tbsp. on each slice and than the jelly. Its only about 200 calories.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple melt 1TSP of peanut butter dip apple and enjoy...
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    two hard boiled eggs on a deli flat with or with out mustard.....less than 300 cal and very, very filling. you can find pre-boiled/pre-peeled eggs which makes breakfast super super easy. you can also have one egg and a baked potato cut up and pan fried in light cooking spray with any seasonings you like.....garlic, cayanne pepper, paprika, onion, green pepper makes a nice little omelet.
  • fit4lyfe7
    fit4lyfe7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can try Ezekiel bread with almond butter/apple butter as a more healthy option.

I typically eat oatmeal sweetened with honey or agave and a dash of cinnamon, with fruit or egg whites. I sometimes choose yogurt or fruit or make a fresh fruit smoothie with almond milk.
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    i cant eat right away and if iforce myself to the food may not stay down,but after a couple of hours from waking i do enjoy egg beaters. they are yummy and creamy. you can add stuff like asparagus to it peppers,cheese anything you desire. i also enjoy the 35 calorie whole wheat bread with it and sometimes i do a low fat yogurt with granola mixed in. Odwalla bars are great on the go as well. um those fiber one muffins are super good!! i love making breakfast burritos. i take a fat free tortilla.2/4 of a cup of egg beaters,some morning star meatless sausage crumblers and some cheese(half a slice of your favorite) i cook everything and stuff the tortilla with it. it is so yummy. you could do breakfast pizza mini ones from english muffins or something
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I've got an electric non-stick griddle that I'll make omlettes - usually with onion, green pepper and cheese - and don't have to add oil of any kind. It's quite fast, and very filling. I also enjoy some of the breakfast cereals like Fiber One (all varieties), Special K with red berries, and Cranberry Crunch. Sure, there is some sugar, but I find if I'm over on my sugar (and I'm not too often) I can usually attribute that to dairy products and/or fruits before the cereal. It really is a small percentage of my sugar.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I start my day with a Slimfast Optima French Vanilla shake mixed with my coffee. I try to eat a bowl of oatmeal before I leave for work to resist the fast food breakfast that is available on my commute.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My wife has the same breakfast every weekday morning:

She takes a slice of whole grain bread, spreads it with peanut butter, plops a banana in the center and rolls the bread around it and eats it like a hot dog.

Quick, easy and kinda close to PB&J.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    WOW! :happy: Some of you eat way healthy breakfasts! THANKS! lots of info! and i love that alot of you included pb in your reply! that was great! tht def gives me opts! ty bunches!
  • softcoeur
    Options
    My breakfast almost every morning is an egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms and some pico de gallo (and maybe a pinch of shredded cheddar). Delicious and keeps me full til lunch. If I want something lighter, I'll do a small cup of oatmeal and some sliced fruit.