Can I "Cheat"?

Options
Well folks today has completly sucked! Started out well, got tje kids off to school. Prepared and ate a nice hearty breakfast and then worked out. Now that I worked out I have 1,027 calories left for the day. Since ive been on my diet (Sept 3) I have not cheated in the least bit. No soda, candy, pizza, burger anything! *pats self on back* So I was wondering if I can have a cheat meal but still stay under about 700 calories. Guys Im having a horrible day. I know myself so this most definetly wouldnt become a habit. Ohhhh plus My GoWear Fit monitor I bought off of EBay gets here today and it's broken! Plus the guy who sold it to me won't give me a refund. eBay won't either! That's $200 bucks gone! Then I step on the scale and it says I gained a pound?!?!?! Lawd have mercy this is not my day. Also my cycle started about 15 minutes ago. Is that it? Ladies when your cycle comes does it make you gain? I know for a fact I've been eating right and all I do is drink water. So what is it? Argghhh help
To cheat or not to cheat, that is the question.

Replies

• softcoeur
    Options
    On a day like that? A cheat meal definitely wouldn't kill you, I'd do the same thing! Do it up, girl! Tomorrow's a new day to continue with the healthy meals :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you paid for your Monitor on ebay with a credit card, file a claim with Visa, they will maybe refund it.

As far as cheating.. I dont cheat, I eat normal stuff and sometimes go over my cals :wink:
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    aw sorry to hear that you are having a horrible day.. That is utter BS that you cant get a refund from dude on ebay.. I bet you can if you fight it! As far as the cheat food that is totally up to you. Do you want to see results faster? or slower? its all completely up to you =D When i feel like having a cheat meal i go to taco bell and have two fresca steak taco's with fire sauce! Be sure to order it fresca style though if you like that kind of food. They are only 160 calories each and two fills me up plenty =D
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as cheating!

If you don't go over you cals then you are fine. Healthier choices will always be "better" but if you stay within your cals then see it as eating in moderation as oppossed to cheating. If you think you will feel guilty for eating something bad, then that is another issue and eating something nice and clean would be a better option!
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A cheat now and again actually can help you because your body becomes so used to living on x number of calories any time you go over even a little you might gain then. Mixing it up keeps your metabolism guessing. I actually have a cheat day every saturday. I don't go crazy and try to keep it to one meal, but if I want pizza, burgers, even ice cream, I have it. I still continue to lose around 2 lbs a week. That helps me to keep going, as I have a long way to go yet. Go have something yummy and give yourself a break!
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    if u paid for this with a pay pal account u can get ur money back are call ur bank if u used ur card and tell them u never got the product they will get ur money back that is fraud and make sure u give this guy a bacd score asap!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well folks today has completly sucked! Started out well, got tje kids off to school. Prepared and ate a nice hearty breakfast and then worked out. Now that I worked out I have 1,027 calories left for the day. Since ive been on my diet (Sept 3) I have not cheated in the least bit. No soda, candy, pizza, burger anything! *pats self on back* So I was wondering if I can have a cheat meal but still stay under about 700 calories. Guys Im having a horrible day. I know myself so this most definetly wouldnt become a habit. Ohhhh plus My GoWear Fit monitor I bought off of EBay gets here today and it's broken! Plus the guy who sold it to me won't give me a refund. eBay won't either! That's $200 bucks gone! Then I step on the scale and it says I gained a pound?!?!?! Lawd have mercy this is not my day. Also my cycle started about 15 minutes ago. Is that it? Ladies when your cycle comes does it make you gain? I know for a fact I've been eating right and all I do is drink water. So what is it? Argghhh help
    and food would help make all this better how? What about other ways to take care of 'you' perhaps fix a nice healthy meal for dinner, pamper yourself whether it's a nice bubble bath, a walk, a bike ride to clear your head, painting your toe nails, finger nails...anything but going back to the old habits.

A bad day and then feeling like it's ok to eat to make it all better even for one day? It'd only be reinforcing old habits and making a bad day better with food doesn't work...that's what why we're here, we've done it over and over and ended up here.

I wouldn't suggest it... The issues you're dealing with would still be there...but to take a walk would clear your head and perhaps help you think more clearly on a plan to help with the above situations.:flowerforyou:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well healthy changes.... I've been wanting to eat something out of my normal foods for the past few days. It's not just cause I'm having a bad day. If thats the case pass the booze not the burger! Lol One thing I'vs never been is an emotional eater. The post turned into a venting session lol. It's really just asking for advice on cheating. For my cheat I was thinking a 6 inch Subway sub (since I don't eat carbs) or a mcdonalds angus burger wrapped in lettuce rather than the bun. Any suggestions???
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    and food would help make all this betterhow? What about other ways to take care of 'you' perhaps fix a nice healthy meal for dinner, pamper yourself whether it's a nice bubble bath, a walk, a bike ride to clear your head, painting your toe nails, finger nails...anything but going back to the old habits.

A bad day and then feeling like it's ok to eat to make it all better even for one day? It'd only be reinforcing old habits and making a bad day better with food doesn't work...that's what why we're here, we've done it over and over and ended up here.

I wouldn't suggest it...it's simply not worth relying on food anymore to make the day better. The issues you're dealing with would still be there...but to take a walk would clear your head and perhaps help you think more clearly on a plan to help with the above situations.:flowerforyou:

I couldn't have said it better. Learning to restructure your thinking is a big part of the journey. Will cheating make you feel better? Probably not, it'll probably just make you feel worse afterwards.

Hope your day gets better!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Tuna sounds good, I think you should splurge and go for the foot long with chips as you shared you had 700 cals right?:wink::tongue:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I ve had days, just like yours, and I cheated too, back years ago, and kept cheating till I got up to 341........

I dont cheat anymore, and I am now at 238............Lost over one hundred pounds by not cheating

"Medical professionals all agree that people who are the most successful at a weight loss program, are people who adhered to their weight loss program 100% of the time".............

I know it sucks, try eating some fruit........be careful, this "cheating" was what sabatoged me in the first place..........Good Luck Lloyd
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I ve had days, just like yours, and I cheated too, back years ago, and kept cheating till I got up to 341........

I dont cheat anymore, and I am now at 238............Lost over one hundred pounds by not cheating

"Medical professionals all agree that people who are the most successful at a weight loss program, are people who adhered to their weight loss program 100% of the time".............

I know it sucks, try eating some fruit........be careful, this "cheating" was what sabatoged me in the first place..........Good Luck Lloyd
    Each time you post that quote Lloyd it makes me really stop and think how I got here was veering off now and again. Some might be able to, I would never know which time I could until after:blushing: so for me to stick to what I've planned works best. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy good food, just far different foods than eaten in the past when overweight.:wink:

... thanks for again adding that quote Lloyd and Congrats on the lbs. lost!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.