feeling fuller for longer?

Options
Hi guys.
Must admit i feel quite hungry eating 1300- 1500 cals per day. Dont really wanna up my calories uf it can be helped.
Any tips on foods that will fill me up for longer? Thanks :)

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 mini meals per day instead of 3 big meals. I find that it keeps me full throughout the day so I am never starving.

I also snack on lots of fresh fruits and veggies, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and Melba toast. I find these filling.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    High protein, moderate fat, moderate to low carb, more carbs from fiber
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat 20-30 grams of protein per meal, some fat and some carbs. Per meal (I eat 3 meals a day, usually without any snacks), I eat however many vegetables I want, but I choose between a fruit or a grain. I eat a base of 1200 calories plus all of my exercise calories, so about 1500 a day. Edited to add, I will have an extra protein shake on days I lift, which is about 150 more calories.
  • naschulze
    Options
    VEGGIES. Compared to meats, grains and oils, veggies will fill the stomach on way fewer calories so you can basically eat as many as you want, get a whole lot of nutrients and your calorie level won't even be an issue. Explore options and recipes, it may not seem like it but there are countless simple possibilities for preparing tasty veggie snacks.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    Protein. Quite satiating if I must say.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you're eating an appropriate amount of calories for you activity level. This is the part most people skip but it really is important to eat enough for your body.
    2. Eat foods with more protein, fats, and fiber. These help us feel fuller and more satisfied.
    3. Drink plenty of water.
    4. Play around with meal timing. Some people feel fuller all day if they skip breakfast. Some do better with 3 square meals. Others need to eat every few hours. See what works for you and your body.
    5. Give your body some time to adjust.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Fiber and water. Snack on veggies with lots of fiber.
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm deffo going to try and have more protein per day!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    protein
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat more fat! I eat more of that than anything else, and I average at around 1300 calories a day. Its very satisfying, along with protein.