Tofu Shirataki Noodles

Options
I just bought and bag of Tofu Shirataki Noodles. - Does anyone have any good recipes using these noodles?

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you can go to Hungrygirl.com they have a lot of recipes for the use of them.. But......have you had them before????? YUCK!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    Anything you'd do with normal spaghetti noodles you can do with these -- pour pasta sauce on them, make them up like lo mein, add to soup, serve with meatballs, etc. Possibilities are endless.
    you can go to Hungrygirl.com they have a lot of recipes for the use of them.. But......have you had them before????? YUCK!

If you follow the directions (drain, parboil for a few minutes, rinse) they're not bad at all. More chewy than regular pasta, but they take on the flavor of stuff you serve with it.
  • fit4lyfe7
    fit4lyfe7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have actually made a veggie stir-fry with them and added a little grilled chicken. They were yummy. My co-worker (who hooked me on to them) suggested rinsing them well before serving. I'm planning to try a spaghetti with them next.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    They look like noodles, but a totally different texture. I personally like them, they kind of have a calamari texture. I would rinse rinse them good, then put them in a nonstick pan to cook off as much moisture as possible. Sauces don't stick like they do to pasta, but I would add tomato sauce and cheese. I haven't had them in a while because they are hard to come by where I live. But they are worth trying, because it's only 40 cal a bag!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl just did a Pad Thai recipe with them. That website does have quite a few recipes. They don't sound very appealing to me though...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you don't mind the chewy texture, they are great to help fill you up for almost no calories! I've used them in a stirfry or as spaghetti. You MUST rinse them well! And it helps to microwave them for a bit before adding to your recipe and dab off all the extra moisture with a papertowel.
  • sanrog
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I had them for dinner - I put roasted grape tomatoes and roasted garlic with fresh basil. I used the angel hair and boiled them for 3 minutes. They were a little rubbery but I cut them into small bites and it wasn't to bad. I will most likely try again.