Weighing in at 411

Options
My name is Mark. I am 42 years old from Lexington, TN. I am just starting this journey and unfortunately it's starting at 411 pounds. I have about 260 pounds that I need to get rid of before it kills me. I'm almost to the point now that my mobility is being affected. I welcome any friends that use the iPhone, iPad, iPod, or website so that I can have encouragement. I am sure that I will need it.

Replies

• tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HI Mark I log in everyday and like to support and encourage so will feel free to add me on your friends list. we all have a starting number, just concentrate on each day. move more and be more conscious of what you eat and each day will get a little easier until its a new habit for you. You WILL get there.
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first big step - starting! feel free to add but i dont have the best internet at home so am not on here all the time, just to log etc but i will support as much as i can when i am actually on :)

Good luck
  • elainematto
    elainematto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have different issues than you, but nonetheless know what it is to struggle with weight. I have found MFP to be the most helpful tool I've ever found. I can't explain why but checking in daily and recording every morsel of food really seems to help greatly. I admire anyone who works at losing weight. This is a very positive step you are taking. Stick with it, day by day, and you will succeed!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mark. Congratulations for taking the first step that will change your life. Feel free to add me as a friend. You will find lots of support here. Commit to living a healthier lifestyle. Get in the habit of logging everything you eat on here. It was a real eye-opener for me, when I first started. I was amazed at some of the "mindless" eating I had been doing. Being accountable for everything you put in your mouth really helps. You'll begin to make healthier choices, and you will learn a lot about yourself during the process. You said your mobility is effected by your weight...take baby steps. Start walking, and start slow. You'll gradually be able to increase the amount of exercise you do, but the main thing is to get moving, every day. You have what it takes to do this. It will take a lot of discipline at first, but it will get easier...especially once you start feeling the effects of eating healthy & exercise. It will change your life. Be sure to look at some of the success stories on here; they will be an inspiration. Good luck in your journey; you can do this!
  • frumpyface
    Options
    Good luck Mark, and it is the right decision coming here! I finally feel i am get off the starting blocks, this site is so useful :smile:
  • mjames9287
    Options
    Thx guys I sent you all a friends request.
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mark I log in daily..first thing in the am. I Am one of those Plus 300 group. Feel free to add. Remember just don't stop moving!
  • chazerlaa
    chazerlaa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use my fitness pal daily and find it so useful, it will honestly make keeping track of your eating a breeze, feel free to add me if you want to, I have my food diary open (:
  • 4michellelong
    4michellelong Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat only my starting weight was 430. I am 26 pounds down and I know you can do just as I am. STAY POSITIVE & ONLY KEEP COMPANY WITH OTHER POSITIVE PEOPLE!!!!
  • Eeyeore
    Eeyeore Posts: 33
    Options
    Michelle ..... So proud of u! How are u avoiding the sweets and things like cheesburgers?
    I dont have much time and sometimes end up in drive through
  • Eeyeore
    Eeyeore Posts: 33
    Options
    Mark ...I feel you...I am in same boat with mobility issues....stay strong....I am trying and I find that I can only think of one day at a time
    Ps...I stay hungry all the time!
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We're on the same trip, my friend. 42 years old, diabetic, and droppin' hundreds. I was right where you are on May 25th. We can do this... We have to.