what is everyone favourite work out DVDs?

Options
Hi gang,

I'm currently doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I was planning on going onto her 'no trouble more trouble zones' afterwards.

I have surprised myself by actually enjoying home work outs!
Whats your favourite work out DVD and why? look for inspiration here!

Thanks ;):smile:

Replies

• Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I've done quite a lot of JM's stuff but I've since got T25 and I'm in love with it! Much better than JM (in my opinion) and a lot harder :smile:
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've done quite a lot of JM's stuff but I've since got T25 and I'm in love with it! Much better than JM (in my opinion) and a lot harder :smile:

T25? what kind of work out is that?
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    It's the new one from Shaun T who did Insanity :) It's a beachbody one - a bit pricey but you get so much more from it! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do
  • raverhayley
    Options
    It's the new one from Shaun T who did Insanity :) It's a beachbody one - a bit pricey but you get so much more from it! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do

Thanks! Never heard of this one. I'm going to look into it :)
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying a couple yoga dvds i bought, 10 minute body blast bootcamp workout and Jessica Smith TV on Utube (which is free), she does HIIT workouts and they are fantastic for burning up the calories. I do go to the gym mainly but every now and then I cant be bothered, so will workout in the living room!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a combo of Body Revolution and Brazil Butt Lift with the cardio substituted for Turbo Jam and I'm loving all of them. But my favorite is and probably always will be the New York Ballet ones. I love ballet and it's a great workout. The NYB ones are beautifully done. Almost artistic. And the classical music just makes you feel the moves so much more. It's a very elegant looking and feeling (once you get the hang of it and stop falling over) workout.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm up to day 61/90 with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I really enjoy it. It's three workouts rotated for two weeks and then changed every two weeks getting progressively harder. There are 15 different workouts in total.

Once I'm finished this I would like to give Insanity a go, I've heard many good things from that.

Interested to see what other peoples opinions are also :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome!!!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would die to have the T25 but I cant afford it *pricey* Am gonna start Jillian M. 30 day shred on Monday...my next will be Insanity...P90X...hopefully T25 one day!

47516265.png
  • raverhayley
    Options
    I'm up to day 61/90 with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I really enjoy it. It's three workouts rotated for two weeks and then changed every two weeks getting progressively harder. There are 15 different workouts in total.

Once I'm finished this I would like to give Insanity a go, I've heard many good things from that.

Interested to see what other peoples opinions are also :)

That's sounds like something I might like. going to add that to my list I think :)
  • raverhayley
    Options
    was thinking of getting a tae bo workout or whatever its called! anyone tried this work out? results?
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Jillian Michaels all the way!!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I like Personal training with Jackie Warner After my run to tone up no cardio in this dvd, its broken down by upper, lower, abs, or total
    Shes real cute!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I rotate between Jillian's 30 day shred and a few of my favorite tapout dvds. I was doing Billy Blanks tae bo for ages, but now his workouts are too easy for me. I miss his spunk, though! Better than listening to Jillian's voice, lol.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the DDP Yoga workout right now. DDP might be an old carnie, but he's a REALLY NICE old carnie. It's very gradual strength and flexibility workout. I'm doing it with my husband, who has some medical issues that have kept him from working out. It's great for both of us. I'm sure you've see the video about it: http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first week of TurboFire and I absolutely LOVE it! It is so much fun that I don't dread it like I have with other workouts. I burn the same # of calories I did with Insanity but I don't even realize it because I am enjoying myself so much...a definite must try :smile:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Sandbag Fusion DVD which combines use of the sandbag and suspension trainer. Also, the DVD that came with my Lifeline USA Jungle Gym XT.
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    I also love Jackie Warner! Right now I'm doing Ripped in 30. This morning was day 4 of week 1 so have a ways to go. My all time favorite workout dvd that I have bought is 10 days to a better body with Cindy Whitmarsh. I use it all the time and have actually bought an extra copy in case mine doesn't work at some point. My sister doesn't care for it though. But she also doesn't care for Jillian Michaels workouts.
  • raverhayley
    Options
    I'm in my first week of TurboFire and I absolutely LOVE it! It is so much fun that I don't dread it like I have with other workouts. I burn the same # of calories I did with Insanity but I don't even realize it because I am enjoying myself so much...a definite must try :smile:

Sounds interesting! will look it up. thanks :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Most quality pieces of home equipment come with instructional workout DVDs using them which are better than standalone ones like Jillian Michaels. You should look into investing in some kettlebells, or some weights, or a suspension trainer, or sandbags. Even something like The Rack, as gimmicky as it is, can work great when following the program.