How can this be?

Options
So, I went on holiday for 3 weeks. In the course of that time I ate lots, I drank a fair bit and duly put on weight. Fair enough.

3 weeks total gain was about 8pounds. Well I can live with that, I enjoyed every mouthful lol.

What I really don't get is how I can come back, eat normally, log, exercise and lose about 1/2 a pound in a week. If I gained 8 in 3 weeks that is averaging about 3 a week so why does it take so much longer to get off than to put on.

Just a little gripe - makes me chuckle as much as anything

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It's very unlikely that you ate enough to gain 8 pounds of fat in 3 weeks. It's more likely that a lot of that is water retention, which will clear itself once you get back in your normal routine.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 3 month to loose nearly 2 stone, where as it took me 5 years to put that weight on beforehand. So it doesn't always work that way.
    I'm sure once you get back into the rhythm of it all you'll start loosing again.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Howard, I appreciate your confidence but I may well have managed to eat more than enough lol
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It's very unlikely that you ate enough to gain 8 pounds of fat in 3 weeks. It's more likely that a lot of that is water retention, which will clear itself once you get back in your normal routine.

this. id say you're holding water from the bad foods.

just get back on track, and it'll fall off soon.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My body is always a week behind, so when i begin dieting, it's always the second week that i see results.

During the first week, I like to think of my body as a heavy truck. I put on the brakes but it takes a while to come to a standstill and then a few moments more get into reverse and build momentum in reverse aswell.

It's the same when i've have a 'bad' week, i dont see the stall until the following week.