Need Motivation

Options
I need lots and lots of motivation. I am a dance teacher and a partner for our community's childhood obesity program. And I am just not motivated!

My house is a disaster. I'm fat and lazy. AND I'm not setting a good example for my dancers!!

My partner and I are planning on getting married in May. I tried on wedding dresses about a month ago. I found "the one"!! But I'd love to buy it in a 10 or even a 14 instead of a 24.

Sooo...is there anyone out there that is good at motivating people?? Someone that I can talk to on a daily basis that can say get off your rump and do something??

I need help people!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• nicoleg98
    Options
    Hello Dancinlesh,

My name is Nicole and I understand what it feels like to be a current bride to be! What helps me when I feel lazy is think of that wedding dress, the pictures going to be taken, and you being proud to not only show off what you did on that day, or honeymoon, you will be showing off you and your new partner. When you feel sluggish listen to a pick me up jam. On the radio, on your IPOD, MP3 Player whatever, jam out and imagine you and your partner and how you imagine yourself on that day.. what do you see . You will be so proud of yourself, and it will be well worth it! I hear a point systems works well, like weight watchers ect. You can do it, believe that you can!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this site not only motivated me but helps me feel better... When I first started dieting 5 weeks ago I weighed in at 282 pounds when I did my wii fit body test today i weighed in at 253.9. And I eat 2 meals a day and 3 snacks. I'm happier then I have been in years, if I can do it you can do it. The first step is agreeing to change your lifestyle.... Contact me anytime.... I check my computer more often then i should.... Do it for yourself a new you & the one you love
  • psarah
    Options
    Well welcome ..you have come to the right place for motovation. The secret is to focus on getting up and doing something at least 5 days a week. Even if it's just short walks. Then you increase it litlle by little..Once you change your habits you will find you like to exercise and feel guilty when you dont. My partner and I do this together. We have been exercising a little over a month and a half, and have seen great results. Get yourself a work out buddy, somone that will hold you accountable. Just as important is to follow your calories, and log everything that goes into your mouth. This is to hold yourself accountable...Good luck..don't give up!