sugar help!

Options
So i cant seem to not go over my sugar! its really frustrating! its saying i can only have like 30 something grams of sugar a day and for some reason i cannot do this and i dont even get all my carbs in before i get all my sugar! so im wondering is this sugar level that was set for me right? or am i alooud to have more?

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i find the sugar setting is too low. i can't get many fruits or veggies in before i am in trouble. you can have more. i eat whole grains so very few set off the sugar count. today i ate badly in the suagr catagory but i get more sugars the more i work out so it evened out today.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sugar is tricky since there is addded sugar and natural sugar. I tried to keep my sugar in line but I wasn't able to. I try to look at the sources of my sugar and not to eat things with too much of it, or at least have them in moderation.
  • fashionprncess1
    Options
    DITTO! Would like to kick the habit as well... it"s a serious addiction of mine and i dont want to gain my lost weight back. any advice is helpful.....
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the sugar grams. Very frustrating. Almost everything contains sugar. If you're ok on your sugar, you are usually over on your fats. It's a constant balancing act!

Just keep up with your daily entries. After awhile you will begin to remember the few foods with very low sugars. Warning: most fruits have high sugars. But everyone on the Boards say that those sugars "count differently."

Good luck with MFP!
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    It's set right... Mine is really low as well & it's the only thing I go over. Go to the mypyramid website & they discuss sugar intake. I think added sugar is supposed to be only like 4 teaspoons per day. We get natural sugar in fruits & milk- the mypyramid says this is ok. MFP does not differentiate between these natural sugars & added sugars. Since reading the labels on all foods- I find a lot of products add sugar- most breads have sugar added. There is a carb conscious milk out there if you want to get really serious about counting sugars. This milk somehow has less carbs & sugar than regular milk. There is bread with no added sugar as well, but you gotta really take your time & look thru all the labels at the grocery store. For me, I just keep my added sugars minimal & watch my carb intake. Atleast I know that my sugars aren't coming from bad foods, so it makes me feel a little better about seeing the red numbers every night
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    Try cutting out some of the bread, pasta's that your eating. I'm on Low Carb and I hardly ever have sugar and my body no longer wants it. Just skip it during 1 meal and you should notice a difference.
  • KariNich85
    Options
    I go over my sugar all the time.. i eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of milk.. always does me in.. I think as long as they are good sugars you should be ok?
  • christina1109
    Options
    Also keep in mind it takes 4 grams of sugar to equal 1 teaspoon of sugar. If it's natural sugar I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you eat foods with a lot of processed sugars you may want to cut back on those.
  • argburr
    Options
    I rarely eat sweets, but i still go over my sugar everyday just from eating fresh fruit and fat free plain unsweetened yogurt, so I either have to stop eating any amount of fruit, or be ok with going over my sugar... I think it's fine to go over the sugar limit as long as your getting it from fruit and yogurt and stuff like that instead of cookies, ice cream, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts and such.