Weighing in at 411

Options
My name is Mark. I am 42 years old from Lexington, TN. I am just starting this journey and unfortunately it's starting at 411 pounds. I have about 260 pounds that I need to get rid of before it kills me. I'm almost to the point now that my mobility is being affected. I welcome any friends that use the iPhone, iPad, iPod, or website so that I can have encouragement. I am sure that I will need it.

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hello Mark :)

Welcome to the journey. You have made a great choice. We are all here to help. You will find the people on MFP very helpful and supportive. Check out the forums on a regular basis as well.

Feel free to add me if you wish :)

Best of luck on your journey.

Remember, don't look at the big number....take it step by step. That is what I am doing. I am taking it in incriments of 10 lbs.
  • tidus10
    tidus10 Posts: 5
    Options
    always remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.. there are no overnight success stories!

You stil have a long and awesome life ahead of you and when you drop that weight it will make everything easier.

Like they said, take it in small strides, work through the pain and the "i dont want to's" and soon enough buddy youll be killin it..

i personally am setting weight and fitness goals. Im hoping to run my first 5k at the end of the month :) and before this i couldnt run for 60 seconds straight..

so keep in mind, you CAN do this!!
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    Good decision...and welcome :-)

Feel free to add me...and you can do it...we all can :-)
  • diddles19
    diddles19 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - Small steps and you will get there.

Feel free to add me
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Dude - I'm proud of you already and I don't even know you. Do you know how much courage it took to get on here and admit where you are and how much you need to change?! You're stepping in the right direction and asking for help and support shows you really do WANT to change your habits. Good for you. You'll find lots of support here on MFP.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ArmyAntzzz at your service:bigsmile: Remember... it's a one day at a time protocol...:happy: Let's get er done:wink:
  • jdunlap065
    Options
    Hey Mark! I know exactly where you're at... I too started out at a large weight ( 361 Lbs ) at my heaviest now at 234. IT CAN BE DONE ! You have definitely made a good choice. It's all about patience. I often tell myself that if nothing else i'm eating way more healthier than i use to. Hang in there and don't give up. Once you start feeling better and your clothes start getting loose and your mobility starts getting better it will definitely renew your attitude.

Please add me as your friend if you like :)
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!! Lets do this!!
  • trainerbarb
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! Best wishes for success.
  • dragonhaslanded3
    Options
    Good luck Mark, you can do it. I started on 21st July at 335 and I am now 318, I've been going just over a month and the more I lose the more I want to lose. You can definately do this.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on taking the first step by joining. I'm not going to lie you will have a long journey ahead of you. Make it fun and eventful and no matter what setbacks you may have just keep logging and going. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mark, I was 355 when I started to lose weight. I was still 330 when I found mfp. That was the best thing that could have happened to me. For me, exercise was and still is to an extent, a daunting task. But remember to do what you can when you can and things will improve. Feel free to add me.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start. I have learned so much here and I am sure you will too. I have already lost 100 and well on my way to the next 100lb. Feel free to add me.
  • dominijean
    dominijean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mark! Congrats on deciding to be healthy. My one piece of advice would be to not let "slip-ups" ruin your day or week. I wish you the best and look forward to seeing your journey!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    hey there, welcome!

first off, people in the forums can be total tools, just ignore them. there are many nice people on here sharing similar goals, or even different goals, that are here to support each other.

that is so great that you are making a change before things get too serious, and i wish you the best of luck! don't become discouraged if weight loss starts to slow down, it will fall right off at first but after some time slows down and even hits a pleateua at times. just keep trucking along and things will be fine. best of luck and welcome!
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me if you like and welcome and continue to strive ;)
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    You can do it man. My highest weight ever was 418. I am now 365 and my goal is 265 by the time the school year ends (I work at one).
  • Vampireneko
    Vampireneko Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good job to you for making the decision to be healthy for yourself :) We all believe in you, you can do it! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Good for you Mark! Add me if you like! you could do this ! its so easy with MFP ! check out the success stories in the community you will be inspired! :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    hey there, welcome!

first off, people in the forums can be total tools, just ignore them. there are many nice people on here sharing similar goals, or even different goals, that are here to support each other.

that is so great that you are making a change before things get too serious, and i wish you the best of luck! don't become discouraged if weight loss starts to slow down, it will fall right off at first but after some time slows down and even hits a pleateua at times. just keep trucking along and things will be fine. best of luck and welcome!
    yup i agree ! add a few good friends you will be fine!